Upgrading To Porsche Brakes

Boydave

Reaction score
Hi all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I’m new to this forum and also a proud new owner of an Audi S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I would like some advice with regards to upgrading the standard brakes to Porsche/Brembo brakes, after reading many a post about how crap the standard ones are and finally driving it, they need to go!

Right, I’ve managed to get the Porsche/Brembo caliper mounting brackets from a German company (www.mbt-engineering.de – if anyone’s interested), but with regards to calipers and disks, I’m not sure how to proceed.
I want to keep my standard alloys but will this restrict me to which Porsche/Brembo calipers I need, I’m sure it will affect my disc size. Also would the disc size I need be dependant on which calipers I get? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I’m sorry if I’m confusing anyone but I really don’t know how to proceed. Basically, I’d like to know which Porsche/Brembo calipers I need/can use, and which make of disc and what size is required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you think tuning places such as Amd, JBR, etc would supply the bits I would need.

BTW great forum, keep it up!