Yokohama parada spec 2

jay1

Reaction score
Just bought a set of the above I have heard they are real good looking at doing a track day at silverstone in feb so was just wondering if any one had used them and what they thought of them??

Just bought a set of the above I have heard they are real good looking at doing a track day at silverstone in feb so was just wondering if any one had used them and what they thought of them??

Used to have them on my focus rs. Good in the dry !! Quick to warm up but proper ditch finders in the wet and aquaplane bad... The Toyo's are as good but work in the wet too! Pararda's look good too

I had these when I had my other s3,in the dry with a bit of temperature in them they were amazing but in the wet I found them rubbish had no confidence in them on the twistys

Shocking fan boy tires for people who aren't man enough for a proper tire.

Either buy 595RSR's (or similar) or stick with T1R's.

Not a fan myself, look lovely and give good road grip in the dry, but dangerous in the wet, and also no good on track. The reason they grip well dry is that they're ultra soft, on a dry track they overheat very quickly and soon fall apart. Have seen huge chunks of rubber melt and rip off them on trackdays.

Used to love them on little light cars years ago but on something heavier they`re pap and overheat quickly as mentioned. Sidewalls are really soft too. Got through a set in 1000miles around MK in my old Yaris TS

every yoko tyre I've used be it on road or track are good, but wear real bad once to hot. really soft compounds.

Well got them on the car now as had a puncher on my other wheels and it's raining heavy this morning!! As this may be my last post would like to thank everyone for there help lol

Well got them on the car now as had a puncher on my other wheels and it's raining heavy this morning!! As this may be my last post would like to thank everyone for there help lol

Just drive carefully in the wet,I am a fanboy and had them for four years and no ditches for me despite driving quickly on country roads.

Hated them. Overheat after a few laps & feel like you're driving over diesel patches. They also disintegrate if you try to push on regardless.

As others have said: They're also frightening/ dangerous in the wet.

I'd rather use ContiSportContact 3's, Eagle F1 Asymmetric's or PZero's. All are cheaper & better, in every conceivable situation, IMO.

Just drive carefully in the wet,I am a fanboy and had them for four years and no ditches for me despite driving quickly on country roads.
Thanks Voorhees I did not find them too bad. But I'm new to all this tyre business also "fanboy" ??

I have these on my Pulsar GtiR and it is my track car. I think they do warm up really quick and are very grippy once they are hot. I'm always very impressed and haven't had any problem with them.

I have these on my Pulsar GtiR and it is my track car. I think they do warm up really quick and are very grippy once they are hot. I'm always very impressed and haven't had any problem with them.

I think you need to drive a bit faster then Dan ;)

:racer:

We have a set on our Cooper S. Only used on the road, but in the dry, absolutely fantastic! So much more grip around corners than you need on a public road. As for the wet, I have no problem with them, so long as I don't accelerate through a corner... But wheel spin is going to happen if slightly pushed in wet. I would definitely buy again, but probably not for the S3.