Ko3s

burgess18

Reaction score
Will a ko3s turbo fit straight on to my Audi a3 1.8t quattro I work at a garage so fitting won't be a problem just need to no if I will need any other bits? Hoping for around 260bhp
thanks guys

It's very likely your quattro has a k03s on it already. And yes it's a direct fit.

260 is doable if you want to run lots of additional mods including a WMI system running 80% meth. Only time I have seen that much.

Isn't the ko3s the hybrid upgraded one from the standard ko3 if i got a Fmic, oo7 recirculating valve, 4bar fuel pressure regulator, ko3s turbo injectors an a turbo back exhaust then mapped it wouldn't that make 260bhp as I'm running 222.4bhp an 245lbs torque on a stage 1 with no mods

A hybrid is a hybrid, not a k03s. The k03s is a slightly uprated oem fitment k03 that is fitted from factory to most quattro 8L models. A hybrid is a turbo made by an alternative supplier that has larger internals usually allowing more flow, and therefore more power assuming you get a downpipe, manifold,large port head,fmic with decent pipework hybrid k03 s3 injectors or larger you should see around 270 - 280 with a decent tuner

you have 222 because you have a k03s already. 4 bar is a waste of time, the other bits will help to keep things cool to allow it to be turned up some.

Okay where would I find a hybrid turbo from? How far can you go on the ko3s before it won't go any further I would like to keep it at 260bhp as its still gonna be my everyday car by want to be able to have some fun with it too :)

k03s max is 260 BHP with all the above mods and WMI @ 80% as already stated, without the WMI a max safe power is around 240 as previously mentioned. All of this information is readily available in this section already. Search fro Prawns track car thread, or Jardos man boost toy for hints and tips

Sorry confused the ko3s I have on my car now right? Is that capable of 240-260 an okay ill check the threads

Your car has a k03s on it now yes, if it had a k03 on it then you wouldn't have 222bhp as the k03 runs out of breath at around 190bhp.

With the k03s that's on your car now, with the correct supporting mods (i.e. stage 2 mods) you will see 240bhp safely, or if you have the stage 2 stuff and water/meth injection (running 80% methanol) then you might manage to squeeze that up to 260bhp on a good day if it's mapped well. If you want 260bhp without the water/meth injection you'll need a larger turbo, or a hybrid k03/k03s.

Okay I get ya now thanks mate I may have to source hybrid turbo any ideas where you get one from that aint gonna cost the earth?

Bin your K03s if you want 260bhp from a daily driven K03s.

I hate to say it but they are not up to the job of 260bhp as a daily; it has been done once on one build which was all new parts, running meth and flowing everything it could give.

The hybrid route is a good one, but for the cost of it you might as well fit a K04. Complete K04 setups can be had for under £500, and if fitting isn't an issue then you will be quids in over a hybrid with scope for achieving your 260bhp and higher much more easily. It's all bolt on stuff with no fab work required; it's no more work than fitting a K03s and a new exhaust manifold really; you'd have everything else off to have swapped the hybrid anyway.

Your only other option is a K04001 which is direct fitment to a K03s car but will flow 270bhp at most and 260 fairly safely. But they are not cheap and for a little more you could have the K04 setup.

Do a bit of research, currently you haven't got a clue and as such will find it all very disappointing and hard work if you do attempt the work. Everything has been covered on this forum before, you just need to look for it :)

Right okay so if I was to source the ko4 turbo what bits would I need? An wwill it fit as I got told downpipe is different an inlet is to compared to the ko3s fitment is it to big a job doing the ko4 i mean 260-280bhp would be fine would I not have to touch the rods or pistons at that sort of power tho?