a3 1.8t k03 mods

joebickerton89

Reaction score
hi all now ive recently got an a3 1.8t on an s plate and im wondering about more power but i see alot of forums of people saying the k03 is only good for 190bhp after a map so i dont want to go start buying fmic 007forge valve miltek exhaust etc if im going to be limited to a certain bhp and i know upgrading upto the k04 turbo isnt the easy or cheapest thing going so im thinking if i get a fmic exhaust decent airfilter setup 007forge valve and a decent map what power i would be looking at or if the turbo will limit the bhp? any help appreciated

Do all the mods bar a remap, the stick a k03s in the car and get it mapped.

If you go look in my sig you will see my rides thread. Iv got a k03s and I'm doing about 256bhp. Its my everyday car and I'm happy with it!
It depends what you want out of your car?

ive got the k03 mate and by july i want it to be running at least 210bhp how easy is it changing turbo to the k03s that you have?

ive got the k03 mate and by july i want it to be running at least 210bhp how easy is it changing turbo to the k03s that you have?

Its a easy job, just a crap job to get to all the bolts and that, takes forever!

If you gona buy a tip get one for a k03s already or you will be wasting money

K03s change is not particularly difficult. You will have a fair amount more then 210 if you do all the stage 2 mods then get the k03s mapped by someone decent..

Its a easy job, just a crap job to get to all the bolts and that, takes forever!

If you gona buy a tip get one for a k03s already or you will be wasting money

what do you mean a tip buddy? and what would i need just the k03s turbo or other bits and bobs?

what do you mean a tip buddy? and what would i need just the k03s turbo or other bits and bobs?

TIP - Turbo inlet pipe.
Ite the pipe that goes from the turbo to the maf.
*MAF- your airflow sensor

As far as I know the manifold, downpipe, oil and water lines are the same

TIP - Turbo inlet pipe.
Ite the pipe that goes from the turbo to the maf.
*MAF- your airflow sensor

As far as I know the manifold, downpipe, oil and water lines are the same

ahh sweet so just a k03s turbo and tip

And a front mount intercooler, and a full turbo back exhaust, then a remap and you'll see 220-230bhp if all is in good health.

Beyond that, be prepared to start spending lots of money!

And a front mount intercooler, and a full turbo back exhaust, then a remap and you'll see 220-230bhp if all is in good health.

Beyond that, be prepared to start spending lots of money!

Lmao prawn also knows!

All I wanted when I started was a set of rims and coilovers..... 256bhp later its not enough! I needed looks, handling and stopping power!

yeah i know what you mean mate haha im going to get some sort of exhaust probably an ebay job and then a 007p forge valve decent air filter set up then a k03s turbo then a custom map?