Forge release FMIC for S3.

Paul-RS6

Reaction score
Has anyone cutted that crash bar like that forge one?
Im going to fit 530x230x76mm cooler to my S3 and it seems that i have to make that cut to the crash bar. Does that affect much to strenghtness of that bar?

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone cutted that crash bar like that forge one?
Im going to fit 530x230x76mm cooler to my S3 and it seems that i have to make that cut to the crash bar. Does that affect much to strenghtness of that bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I, personally, have a problem with weakening the crash bar...I won't do it.
It's there for a reason..and having a bump with sections of it cut away will surely result in a lot more damage to the front in the event of a bump.

Instead of a bumper skin and crash bar, this would cost you the bumper, crash bar, FMIC and probably the front panel, radiator and air con consensor thingie too...
Not ideal.

For this reason, when we (Star Performance and I) sorted my FMIC kit out, We chose to engineer round the standard bumper bar....possibly giving up a few square cm's of area in return for strength.

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted one, Forge have now got a kit.

looks like they send a modified crash bar with the kit.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0105&product=FMINTS3

fitting guide

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/S3FMIC.pdf

im not linked in any way to them. I just know S3 FMIC kits are not that frequent a find.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks good too...
The fitting instructions are great - a normal Forge thing...if only all companies were this good.

I expect the quality to be top-notch too...

It was Forge who actually built my FMIC and bespoke SMIC for my S3 - although the design of the FMIC was down to Star P, Forge did the fabrication...and what a quality job it was too.

As a side note...anyone who has had the need to use it...Forge's customer service is absolutely first class...brilliant in helping sort out small problems.

Do you know is there room between bumber and crash bar to move that bar little bit forward?

All I need is about 5-10mm more space...

Do you guys know dimensions of that Forge FMIC?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know is there room between bumber and crash bar to move that bar little bit forward?

All I need is about 5-10mm more space...

Do you guys know dimensions of that Forge FMIC?

[/ QUOTE ]

480mm x 295 x 60 mm The complete deptch is propably nearer 80mm.

Rich