Volks AutosBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badger5

Thread: FRC 3" Intake Fitted

S33YA

Status

FRC 3" Intake Fitted

Having read many forums and posts regarding intakes I felt the need to get one built by a company I get all of my work done near me. I understand other businesses make a very similar item but I felt, seeing as this company can fabricate most things, I'd ask them to make it for me. The car already has a stage 1 remap and exhaust system from them but felt strangled by the standard airbox at higher rpms.

So 3 hours later, a bit of time and design spent I now have a 3" intake all the way to the turbo with a similar reducer the other kits use with stainless-steel heat-shield and cone filter custom built and fully fitted by Fast Road Conversions in Ashford, Kent.

To say the least it is a perfect fit with all the silicone, pipework and fittings all in check. The car's performance has also noticeably improved with a lot more pull after 5k, whereas before, it would feel a little gutless.

Combined with their Stage 1 remap and decat/stainless exhaust the S3 really does get up and go now with fantastic power and torque right through to 6.5k. Faster throttle response and spool-up time is also very noticeable and I'm overwhelmed with the service Fast Road give! They definitely know their Audis, the boss has a 370bhp, S4 ECU'd Audi A6 and it is amazing to say the least.

Having spoken to the owner of Fast Road they may be producing these to sell so if anyone's interested feel free to speak to them or ask me more on here. Also, in the pipeline, they're looking at producing a Stage 1 complete kit. Eg. Decat/Sports Cat, Stainless exhaust system, remap and 3" intake for a single supplied and fitted cost. I can't fault them at all and would highly recommend.

Here's pics of the 3" intake fitted, I'm going to take it off and photograph the complete kit at some point but I'm very pleased with the result and workmanship that's gone into it.

Last edited by S3-8L; 18th December 2012 at 12:41.
    2002 Audi S3 8L | FRC Stage 1 Remap | FRC Decat/2.5" S/S Cat-Back | FRC 3" Tip | ~270bhp

2. # ADS
    ADS

RIP S3dave

Status
    IF this is for K04?
    So you have ripped off an equivalent of the V1 3" TIP using my 80mm Billet TIP Adaptor, which I have made and have designed...

The comment here stinks as I read it: Do you suggest me (Badger5) is not a reputable company?? WTF if so..
    I felt the need to get one built by a reputable company
    The REAL Badger5 80mm bore TIPs (not 3") are available in billet version and one piece silicon.......
    V2.2 Billet £178.80

V3 Silicon £125.00
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    I must say this post is stepping on the toes of Badger5 and as I see it is completely out of order
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Oh there he is now^
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

S33YA

Status
    Yep it's for K04 and can also be manufactured/altered for K03/S.

I never said you weren't reputable but I know there are lot of owners down here in Kent who would like one supplied and fitted at the same place plus I'd rather have the stainless steel centre than all silicone and as far as I was aware you'd discontinued that version?

I await Fast Road's pricing, no need to get upset Badger. You're not the only one manufacturing 3" intakes anyway.
    2002 Audi S3 8L | FRC Stage 1 Remap | FRC Decat/2.5" S/S Cat-Back | FRC 3" Tip | ~270bhp

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-8L View Post

I never said you weren't reputable but I know there are lot of owners down here in Kent who would like one supplied and fitted at the same place plus I'd rather have the stainless steel centre than all silicone and as far as I was aware you'd discontinued that version?

I await Fast Road's pricing, no need to get upset Badger. You're not the only one manufacturing 3" intakes anyway.
    They all copied the badger5, doesn't make it right. Fact that its been copied is a testament to its design.
    FRC would be better off selling the b5 tip than making their own! Just bad business sense. Sorry but blatantly bragging about copying a forum sponsors design is just suicide on here!

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-8L View Post

When you are an advertiser you can advertise...
    and you ARE associated with the afore mentioned company are you not.. so please dont pretend to be otherwise.

I was the First to develop the large bore 3" intakes, and there have been several others Copying them since.. You also have chosen to COPY the billet adaptor bought from me.. SO, to get things CLEAR for folks to make their own mind.

Fitting my TIPs is simple.. Why the need for a company to do so?

You have worded your ADVERT badly..

I'll let the powers that be do what they decide fit..

Advertising by stealth, and this is a Fail on your part........ You do their FRC website.. so are clearly pimping on their behalf..

nice.
    mclean1988 likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

S33YA

Status
    Not really bragging about it just stating how good it is and that I had something good fitted to my car. Fact is this version is similar to the v1 B5 tip and is nothing like version 2 or 3 but is not the same. Also it can be altered to fit perfectly to any existing mods fitted to the car and is a supply and fit option.

If the design was patented then fair enough but it isn't and this isn't the same product.

Other characteristics include the MAF being able to screw into the heatshield for more rigidity, the heatshield is made from stainless steel and not aluminum which has better heat-shielding properties and is cheaper to build so will be a cheaper product. I don't work for FRC but do completely back their products and workmanship and was merely sharing my experience.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Ok folks, this threads clearly going awry very quickly. So i'm going to lock it for now. It may well get unlocked or deleted in due course after i've had a chat with the other moderators.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build