new rims

burgess18

Reaction score
hi guys, just a quick question i have an a3 quattro on standard rims atm, mate has offerd me some new 18inch ssw rims will this make car handle poor an have slower acceleration i have been told it may?

Just make sure you're rolling circumference is +/- 3% and you'll have no worries. Generally, you go bigger with the wheel you go thinner profile with your tyre.

how will i check the circumfernce? an would i need spacers? my mate had them on his s3 they seemed okay?

If they fit an S3 without spacers then they'll fit an A3 just the same. As long as they're the same model (ie both 8P).

hi guys, just a quick question i have an a3 quattro on standard rims atm, mate has offerd me some new 18inch ssw rims will this make car handle poor an have slower acceleration i have been told it may?

Slower acceleration, heavier fuel consumption, handling is subjective, it should handle better, or feel more planted when going round corners, but you will lose some ride comfort as a trade off.

Ahhh okay cheers guys was talking to one of my mechanics at work an he said harsher ride an lose in acceleration hmmm think I may stick with the 16s just trying to find some decent ones any one no off any websites or anyone selling any alloys?