Paint Bubbling along rain channel-how much roughly to sort?

jnielow

Reaction score
Dear All,

As above suggests have various sections of paint bubbling along drivers side rain channel. Has anyone had this on theirs?-if so what sort of price did it cost you to get sorted? I appreciate not seeing the car it is difficult, or what sort of price should I be looking at paying at a bodyshop? There are 3 sections of bubbling paint that are located along various parts of the rain channel. The car is silver so it is difficult to picture the bubbling paint. I understand its a common fault with a3's.

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks

Jason

In the stickies I believe there's a post called anti corrosion warranty, audi in some situations cover you and repair/contribute to the fix.

As above, but general consensus seems to be that Audi are covering only 70% of the work under warranty in most cases (where it isn't rejected completely), and that you could get the job done independently at a good bodyshop for similar or less money than the 30% you'd have to pay.

Always worth a visit/chat with Audi, assuming its less than 12 years old.

I've got one small bubble on one of my channels, and keep thinking about making enquiries to get it fixed, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse so think I'll leave it, a bad spray job would be worse!

Yeah Audi told me 70/30 too. My 30 was just over £100.. But at the time I couldn't justify it and they then automatically considered the matter to be resolved.

A local body shop shouldn't be much more:

i also have to point out that should the rust re-occur (after it's been repaired and it is a serious possibility that needs to be considered then Audi would re-do it for free (I presume provided the car is still under 12 years old).
The amount of bullsh*t given by Audi when they explain how the repair will be done really should come with another 12 year warranty ! Has anyone asked ? I did and it the story was long...were taking all the panels apart removing all traces of rust re-welding, re-sealing, etc !...yeh right !
I was one of the fortunate ones that had it done completely free with Audi over a year ago.