Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Paint Bubbling along rain channel-how much roughly to sort?

Dear All,

As above suggests have various sections of paint bubbling along drivers side rain channel. Has anyone had this on theirs?-if so what sort of price did it cost you to get sorted? I appreciate not seeing the car it is difficult, or what sort of price should I be looking at paying at a bodyshop? There are 3 sections of bubbling paint that are located along various parts of the rain channel. The car is silver so it is difficult to picture the bubbling paint. I understand its a common fault with a3's.

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks

Jason

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    In the stickies I believe there's a post called anti corrosion warranty, audi in some situations cover you and repair/contribute to the fix.

4th Gear

Status
    As above, but general consensus seems to be that Audi are covering only 70% of the work under warranty in most cases (where it isn't rejected completely), and that you could get the job done independently at a good bodyshop for similar or less money than the 30% you'd have to pay.

Always worth a visit/chat with Audi, assuming its less than 12 years old.

I've got one small bubble on one of my channels, and keep thinking about making enquiries to get it fixed, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse so think I'll leave it, a bad spray job would be worse!
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    Yeah Audi told me 70/30 too. My 30 was just over £100.. But at the time I couldn't justify it and they then automatically considered the matter to be resolved.

A local body shop shouldn't be much more:
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

Another S3 owner....

Status
    i also have to point out that should the rust re-occur (after it's been repaired and it is a serious possibility that needs to be considered then Audi would re-do it for free (I presume provided the car is still under 12 years old).
    The amount of bullsh*t given by Audi when they explain how the repair will be done really should come with another 12 year warranty ! Has anyone asked ? I did and it the story was long...were taking all the panels apart removing all traces of rust re-welding, re-sealing, etc !...yeh right !
    I was one of the fortunate ones that had it done completely free with Audi over a year ago.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !