Bottom exhaust bracket

dgannon69

Reaction score
Had my 80K service today setting me back £340.01 yes they wanted the penny! typical stealers! during the service they callled me to point out the centre bracket that holds on the exhaust has fallen off causing the exhaust to rattle around, which i already knew about! it does not rattle and the exhaust is still lose but i thought wat the hell i might get it all done at the same time. so he quoted me £190! for a F)*^ bracket!!! so i just laughed at him and sed "for a ****** bracket ur havin a laugh!" then he went on to explain how it comes with the centre box and silencer as a whole part etc. surely they were trying to rip me off?!?!

it is possible its a bracket that comes off the exhaust onto a rubber mount. If the broken bit is still in the rubber mount i'd just get it welded back on.

I have the same - the dealer quoted a similar amount of money for the entire centre box. Since it doesn't rattle on mine I didn't bother. The dealer's answer to everything is replace the entire unit.

You could try small local garage to see if they'll weld you on a bit of scrap metal to act as a bracket.

hey guys yeh fortunatly i have a distant family member that works in the A44 exhaust garage who r famous for their custom systems etc. and they sed they can make me another bracket for a tenner. solved! otherwise they sed it won't make anything else lose and the chances are that it could snap off again in a few months...