Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Wheels fitment...from MK5 GTI to S3 8L

I know i should probably know the answer but im not freindly with wheels fitment.

I would like to know if its possible to fit 17" MK5 GTI wheels to my S3

Here are the wheels in question (not buying those, Just a picture reference)

17" GTI MKV wheels w/ all season contis For Sale - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

If not, what would i need to make it fit? any website that shows details about fitment interchange?

My car already have 18" GTI huff wheels replica, so the deal is to swap the wheels with the gti, since i want to get 17"

Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi mate, you will need 5x100 to 5x112 wheel adapters to fit these wheels

3rd Gear

Status
    So i need 5x100 to 5x112 to make the gti rims fit my S3,
    and 5x112 to 5x100 to make the current S3 rims fit the GTI
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

3rd Gear

Status
    How do you think the S3 will look with those 17"?

And i am worried about getting any vibrations at high speeds...
    Audi S3 AMK

1st gear

Status
    or just get some reps in 5 x 100 fitment
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    What about wobble bolts? will these work in any of my cases?
    Audi S3 AMK

1st gear

Status
    no they won't work as the two stud patterns are too far apart
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    For future reference for those who doesnt know much about wheels fitment like myself, lol

here is a website that shows some details on many/most cars wheel sizes

You can also compare it side to side in able to decide what adapter you need.

Only thing that I still undecided on it is adapter thickness (in other word, spacer)

Discount Custom Rims - Side-by-Side Comparison of Vehicle Rim Fitment

The 17" VW GTI Classix wheels have 7" width and 54 offset. They say they have concealed wheel bolts if this change anything...

The 18" VW GTI Detroit/Huff wheels have 8" width and 35 offset (not sure since I got the info from a web selling 5x100 18" Detroit replicas)
    Last edited by Chlippo; 14th December 2012 at 20:37.
    Audi S3 AMK

1st gear

Status
    good find chlippo, I was toying with getting some Subaru lightweight wheels if they'd fit

1st Gear

Status
    Chillipo, 20mm adapters would sit the mk5 wheels where yours currently are in terms of their centre-line, but the outer face would sit 1/2" further into the arch because of being narrower. If you used a 30/35mm thick adapter then the outer face of the wheel would sit about where yours currently does.

To put your wheels on the mk5 you'd probably need some serious arch work, as they'd end up sitting well over 2" further out than the original wheels even with the thinnest adapter's that are safely/commonly avalible. (20mm is the thinnest you can easily go, you can get 15mm adapters, but I've had issues with aluminium ones before. They'd probably be ok in steel but I've not seen any for sale, haven't looked in a while though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mpathe View Post
    good find chlippo, I was toying with getting some Subaru lightweight wheels if they'd fit
    Subaru wheels are the right bolt pattern for the 8l chassis, but the centre bore of them is too small to go onto VAG cars. This can be machined out easily and cheaply if you know the right people but it means they're not just a bolt on fit. If I remember right the offset's are about right though. Of course if they're aftermarket wheels designed to run spigot rings on the Subaru then you'd just need thinner spigot rings.
    1.8 20v turbo converted '88 Scirocco - ASN Build Thread