Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: Headgasket

1st Gear

Status

Headgasket

I think the head gasket might be starting to go on my s3,I've got an agu engine in it though so would I need to order any specific parts or will I be ok to just give my reg for the parts,I'm going to do the cambelt aswell so again do I need specific parts or everything ok to go with the reg of my car,do the head bolts need changing aswell

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesymk2 View Post
    I think the head gasket might be starting to go on my s3,I've got an agu engine in it though so would I need to order any specific parts or will I be ok to just give my reg for the parts,I'm going to do the cambelt aswell so again do I need specific parts or everything ok to go with the reg of my car,do the head bolts need changing aswell
    a head gasket kit will do make sure it includes the bolts what makes you think head gasket oil in water or water in oil?

1st Gear

Status
    I went to change the thermostat yesterday and there wasn't a thermostat in the engine,I put the new thermostat in and noticed later that there was mayo on the oil filler cap but I don't know if its just down to the cold weather aswell as I have removed the oil breather system and just vented it to atmosphere,it wasn't useing any water before without the thermostat in so will just keep an eye on it till I get paid again

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    To be fair they are not known for gasket failures so you might be lucky... AGU head as well i presume?

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    To be fair they are not known for gasket failures so you might be lucky... AGU head as well i presume?
    I agree that it is very rare on these engines. Even when the water pump goes on them and they get hot!
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

1st Gear

Status
    It's a complete agu engine I put in a few months ago,it's not been using water so it might just be condensation from the crap weather and short journeys to and from work

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you ain't using any water, id say breather system, have you got any build up on dipstick or oil in water or other way around?? Cause the breather systems on the engine ain't the best, and ill bet that if you take the Breather pipe off that will probably be clogged up, the weather doesn't help and I you do alot of short journeys that won't help either,