Recent Insurance

TQS

Reaction score
Hi - has anyone had a decent insurance quote recently?
Insurer needs to be remap friendly as am aiming to get this done in the near future.
I've got 5yrs NCB on a 1.8TQ and live in and around London.

Any tips qould be much appreciated!

I'm currently with Adrian Flux but am scouting around for some better quotes as they've sent me a quote for next year that has gone up from last year (the crafty gits!). They're often a bit flexible but i've found it helps if i can tell them that i've had a quote that beats theirs...

Cheers!

Greenlight. www.greenlightinsurance.com

Very friendly, very knowledgable, very good prices for remap. Give them a call!

Also, think about the AmD group buy we are running at the moment over in the Group Buy forum.

I agree with privilige..... They knocked £450 off my renewal quote!

there is a great new broker out there called noel dazely www.noeldazely.co.uk

give them a call and get a quote. For my fully modded TT my quote was £645 - im 27 with 3 points!

give them a shot - sure you wont be disappointed

best of luck

vagcheck.com

I'd second that. Noel Dazely gave me a low £600's quote on the S3 with 6 points. That's £150 less than anyone else I'd seen.

I dont fancy using their unsecured web form for those kind of details, best to give them a ring.

yeah, crap website but call them - well worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I did Elephant, they have a big page on internet for Mods so I guess they are either Cashing in or Mod Friendly.

I'm not modded, and my Quote was 506 Fully comp.

I'm 32 with 5+ y NCB.

No Points but a few claims including a Full 8k + Write off last year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK, thanks for the tips.... best quote yet is from Adrian Flux - first off they said £765 and then £776 protected, but when i asked if they could do better they said 732 protected!

Noel Dazeley was £645 and then £805 protected!!! a 25% increase for protected - madness.

Privilege was £677 and then £789 protected with a £500 excess - don't really fancy being hit with that additional bill should i need to claim!

Also tried Elephant and Greenlight and both were quoting aroud £700 pre mod

So, as it stands, think I'm gonna stick with good old Fluxey.... by the way, all of these quotes are for an 'up to 25%' increase in bhp...

I tried that confused website and Admiral came out the cheepest on there. They have gave me a price of £678 fully comp, I am 26 with 2 years ncb, the policy also Include my girlfriend who's a lerner and 21.

Elephant had sent me though a renewal price of 1000 for a 10month bonus excel.

So I figure I'm £500 better off!

I'll have a go with that www.noeldazely.co.uk too.

www.noeldazely.co.uk could cover me for £590 if it wasn't for my pescy learner girlfriend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
www.noeldazely.co.uk could cover me for £590 if it wasn't for my pescy learner girlfriend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're letting her learn in your S3?!???!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

... then again, all women are learner drivers, even if they've passed their test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

.. that said, my insurance premium went down slightly when I added my girlfriend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Insurance is weird. Elephant and Admiral (surprise surprise given is the same company) are always miles cheaper than anyone else. Was like that on my old TQ and now on my S3

Confused.com's cheapest price was about £400 more than Elephant's price.

I'm in central London.

Yeah I know! My wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

She has only drove it one so far too, but she will be driving it more once she has passed, which makes me think I better get a nice progresive remap so she doesn't get a scare from the peddel!

What am I letting myself in for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif