Today is a good day :D

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Finally, after 3 months of my s3 being off road, she shall return to the mean streets tonight :)

Id like to say its because ive spent abit of money on it engine mods etc, but quite simply, its because it ran out of tax haha.

Paying a few depts off combined with living costs etc, i just simply couldnt afford to tax the poor thing.

well saturday she shall see a basic service and cambelt change in the new year. God it feels good :D

Good news :)

Out of interest how much is a cambelt change setting you back, and are you getting the water pump done at the same time?

Very good news, cant take anymore of this berlingo van haha.

I was gonna do it myself as im pretty handy on the spanners down my dads garage using his tools and knowledge haha. But at the same time ive just asked a bloke who services our vans at work how much he'd charge to do it so i will let you know. Some times if its cheap enough to not get your hands dirty, then why bother :)

And yea, cambelt and water pump change is a must, wouldnt fancy having to revisit haha.

Yeah i was tempted to give it a go myself too as mine is due to be done in the next 10k or so but timing etc scares me a little lol plus i am a home spanner warrior so its all done on axle stands etc so yeah i too sometimes go with the let a pro do it as long as the price is feasable.

Well let us know what you mates rates are as always handy to have some price knowledge before getting quotes etc to compare to

whooooooa, £250 inc genuine parts :) cant go far wrong with that!!