bit of advice needed

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
hi again been a while but knew id be back! 2002 S3

had MOT done and got a cpl of advisories, along with a few aqueeks and rattles id like to sort over xmas
just needing to decificer the mot to make sure i get right bits

offside/nearside rear trailing arm rubber bush deterioated but not resulting in excessive movement
and
front offside inner bush anti roll bar has slight play in bush/pin

ive read a fair bit on here about the trailing arms and understand the bush to be the one where the arm meets the car (also known to squeek before breaking the arms) any know part numbers or names (for ebay)
as i have a squeek coming from rear when i get in and out im guessing this could be the cause???

as for the anti roll bar, which bush are the describing? one holding the bar to car?

i also have a very very low whine and a knocking noise coming from front, whine when i drive and knocking is from turning im thinking passenger wheel bearing?? difficult to do? last one i did was on a focus was a doodle!

iam away from home so would like to get bits ordered before i get back

cheers lads all appricated as usal!

Providing the tester didn't mark it down wrong the anti roll bar advisory is for the d bush.

As you said the trailing arm bush is the one you said.

I just did my wheel bearings and were easy enough although I had to use acetylene to get the old casing off of the hub but hopefully yours won't be that bad.

No the trailing arms arn't the ones that break, that's the tie bars. The tie bar bushes are cheap and easy, the trailing arm bushes are not so. I would go for poly bushing either way

Cheers lads, confused even more now! anyone send me a link to the bush or a photo? trying to figuire out whats what!
think these bushes could be the cause of the squeek??
also which ones on the front? trying to think without being under the car isnt easy

cheers

I'm quite limited on my phone, but this might help if you haven't seen this : http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/S3+Mk1+Typ+8L+4WD+(1999-2003)-602/1.html

The trailing arm bushes are number 4. You will find that due to the age of these vehicles, they will mostly be past their best. My previous s3 felt great after replacing these. Bit of a ******* job - hence why I got my mechanic to do it ;)

Cheers yeah i found that thread, looks like thats the bush i need to do, wonder if it might cure my squeeks!

dunno if i can be bothered doing it myself might get the bits and see about getting it done

as always great help on here thanks