k04 hybrid intercooler piping size and cooler

peterg60

Reaction score
hi all another question is 2.5inch intercooler piping to big for my k04 hybrid? my intercooler is 2.5 inlet and outlet . would i have any lag/power loss or shall i go with 2.25. or will 2.5 be fine saves me getting elbow reducers. this is the size of my intercooler pitucure below would i need a bigger 1 as space is tight cheers

2.5'' isn't too big mate, it's an absolute must if you're wanting to make decent power! Any smaller will be a restriction to flow.

I must say that core looks very small though, due to the hot nature of ko4 hybrids I personally don't think that'll be big enough to keep charge temps in check, certainly not without WMI.

What's your intended power goal?

i be happy with 300bhp. but anything over be a bonus as you can see in pitcure ive got sum room to go down in intercooler size but thats be restirced as the bumper fits where them to gaps are

I'd try and get a deeper core in there mate.

If you're happy to stop at 300bhp then you should be OK without WMI, mine has a MASSIVE intercooler, and will happily produce 335bhp without WMI. Using the WMI allows it to be safely taken futher.

Heat, and EGT's are the enemy with a ko4 hybrid, but it's well worth it if you can control temps, as the power you get it near instant, you touch the throttle, and it just goes!

thanks prawn i get a deeper intercooler and look into wmi and keep the 2.5 inch piping thanks