problem with my s3

downhilldave77

Reaction score
hi all bought a 2002 225 last week fsh 140000 on clock bodywork is lovely and interior pics on soon.there is something that is worrying me with the car .i was stoped in traffic the other night i noticed smoke from the exhaust it only seems to smoke when idling.when u pull off it seems to stop we done 80 miles in it yesterday and no overheating oil not creamy water level stays the same i dont seem to have any head gasket symptoms the motor runs nice.can any one shed some light on this please

yeah its more like steam ie when the car is warming up but it does not stop only seems to do it when idling i followed the missus and no smoke /steam when driving along hope its not serious

think im having the same "issue" so im also interested in what people think it might be

having read throu loads of threads on here iam pretty sure its caused by the colder weather and and the fact its a turbo charged car plus we drive it pretty slow cause our tip could do with replacing but i will be keeping an eye on my coolant , temp and oil just to be sure

Mine smokes a fair bit on tick over even when warm, no use of oil or water so I have left it alone.

Mine does this every now and again.

One thing i did do was remove my intercooler and pipe work and flush it through as i had a fair build up of oily gloopy substance in there. Now i think about it it has not done it since i cleaned them out. I must invest in a catch can really.

Sorry not much help really.

Leave it on tickover. jump out of the car and see what colour it is....White colour and it will be just the cold weather... blue- ish smoke suggests oil burning...

its white the same as when the car is warming up how come it only does this when the car is idling even if you have been down he motorway and pull up at a roundabout its still there :uhm:

I think you are getting distressed over nothing mate,,,,its ****** cold out there,,my car does it, if there are no other symptoms give yourself a break and enjoy your motor man...:laugh: