RS3 with 350bhp??

I think obtaining 350BHP is not a problem, IIRC MTM can get 380 out of the S3 (I think it's bored out though).

Not sure why he'd go to all that trouble and sell the car only 3000 miles later.

Questions from buyers, as well as answers, are interesting though.

Kev.

Sportec can do 460BHP with a 2Litre engine conversion so the power is not the issue, think the guy is being a bit "special" thinking that those mods add too much value to the car though - I would want to see a lot of proof as you could by a standard car with less miles and get all the work done yourself for less than £20k

Fantastic. I live in the same town as this car and saw it parked in the street the other day.

When I saw the RS3 badge I laughed to myself, assuming it was really a 1.6 or something that someone was trying to big up (I was driving past so couldn't look closely).

Obviously there is no such thing as an RS3 but if they made one I imagine it would be pretty similar to this. Fair play to him for all those mods - probably worth £20K to the right person but be prepared for a very expensive time if things go wrong.

I can just about see the RS3 logo on those recaros.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a genuine 360bhp out my standard 1.8t engine(no nos).Have seen figures of up to 370 with a very good induction kit.
MTM kits kick out about 340bhp.345-max.

What have you had done to get that? I thought that only way to get anywhere near that was change the turbo, injectors, etc?

[ QUOTE ]
What have you had done to get that? I thought that only way to get anywhere near that was change the turbo, injectors, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think he meant standard internals Scotty, he's got IHI big injectors etc... I'va had a butchers at his car, a very neat job indeed.

Yeah,sorry meant to say standard internals.

The RS3 looks like its still using the standard airbox, Surely if you gonna spend that much money for in the hunt for performance you would fit CAI at least...

[ QUOTE ]
The RS3 looks like its still using the standard airbox, Surely if you gonna spend that much money for in the hunt for performance you would fit CAI at least...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
A standard airbox isn't restrictive...it seems suitable up yo 350BHP...so why change it to some silly noisy cone filter that will suck in hot air...or for some expensive carbon fibre 'bling' add-on that will drain your bank account but add nothing?

I see no reason to change it...

Surley a 'Cold Air Induction' Is better for a performance tuned engine..
But if they offer nothing more than noise then i will remove mine and ebay it...
As for the denting the bank balance, what about the 10k he spent on getting that extra 140 hp. CAI would be drop in the ocean.

[ QUOTE ]
Surley a 'Cold Air Induction' Is better for a performance tuned engine..

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Because they look more powerful?
Because they make more noise?
Because the company that make them says so?

Test them yourself...on a dyno...back to back and you'll see.
You will get nothing from changing your airbox to a CAI on an S3...the standard aibox is not restrictive, it's an insulator of heat (a good thing) and it's fed by cold air from the inner wing.

If you are concerned that the feed to the airbox is too small...you can fit a larger one - I had a 100mm duct from the front of the car where the pass side IC used to live, straight into the standard airbox, with a standard filter.
No gains...dyno proven.

You get noise and bling. That's all.

[ QUOTE ]

But if they offer nothing more than noise then i will remove mine and ebay it...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's up to you...
It may look better to some (no to me though) but it won't give you reliable, dyno-proven power. The standard Audi stuff just isn't restrictive.

[ QUOTE ]

As for the denting the bank balance, what about the 10k he spent on getting that extra 140 hp. CAI would be drop in the ocean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe...
Or maybe he doesn't see the need to add bling factor points for no gain after spending all that cash?

I am running the standard airbox with a panel filter and larger cold air feed and it's fine at 360bhp ,now it's starting to become restrictive .

[ QUOTE ]
I am running the standard airbox with a panel filter and larger cold air feed and it's fine at 360bhp ,now it's starting to become restrictive .

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ties in with what I've found / heard...good for a genuine 350BHP and starting to be restrictive after that.