Rear brake light spoiler-bulb needs changing

jnielow

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have noticed that when I brake the rear brake light spoiler comes on but it seems a bulb has gone in the middle so I am getting 2 seperate lines of LED's and not one continous line of LED's.

Can you change a bulb or do you have to changed the whole LED bar? (I read somewhere that you have to change the whole LED bar).

Any pointers would be welcomed.

Cheers

Jason

you have to change the whole bar i think its 20-30 pounds from the dealer IIRC as i changed mine recently mate.. its literally two screws and a plug

Ive just changed the bulbs in mine, you need to remove the interior trim panel around the top of the rear windscreen. There you will find the light bar held in with 1 screw. Make sure you know which bulbs to replace before unclipping it from its harness, unclip the power harness and the red plastic cover comes off to reveal a line of bulbs. Im positive you can buy replacement bulbs from halfords, they are about £4 for two from memory.

The light bar on my S3 is bulbs also. To be honest, buying them from Halfords is a very expensive way of doing it, so order a set from eBay or somewhere.

If its anything like mine, when you replace one, a couple of the others will go off! I found my bulbs weren't actually blown at all, but the resistance in some of them must have been high and they were all over the place. I cleaned all the bars contacts, and then replaced all 10 bulbs.

They're capless 284 bulbs from memory.