Head unit stolen now I'm confused with replacement

Pbowers1979

Reaction score
Hi I am in need of some help, some ****er has ripped my Audi chorus hu straight out of 2002 s3, currently looking for replacement but unsure which of the Audi range is compatible, I had the tape player version with the two turn style buttons, it worked with the controls on the steering wheel so would like that feature again, looking on eBay but have no part number etc so really confused which will fit? And do they do a Audi stereo with a CD player that would work? Any help is greatly appreciated as driving with no music is doing my nut in, many thanks

Your car uses the CANBUS to fireup the HU so you need any single DIN HU from a 2000+ A3/S3. Either Concert II (CD) or another Chorus
All Concert CD (Concert 2) players are CANBUS controlled, so those are the easiest to find, and it needs to be from an 8L as the fascia won't match otherwise. 8L0035186G - IIRC the letter on the end isn't critical
Audi Concert A3 Cd Player, Radio Head Unit, With Code, Instructions | eBay

Anything with a chrome strip at the top is for an a4 so won't fit the dash. Anything with angled sides is from an 8P so won't fit either

ImageImageThanks so much for your help I can now crack on and get buying, just to confirm here's two pics of stereos I've found, are they both compatible?? And what did you mean by angled edges thanks again. Also will my steering wheel controls operate these, thanks