S3 EBC Red Stuff Pads

danderton

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

my rear pads are almost gone and its time to replace them. Currently they have the EBC red stuff pads (previous owner added them)

Are they ok for road use? And worth getting again? I've read somewhere they are for track use not road is that true?

cheers

Dan

Yeah the red pads are okay for road use - I'm currently running them on the front and back paired with the ultimax discs

It's the yellow and blue one's that are not really designed for road use....I went through a set of yellows before in several months- nice stopping now but an expensive venture.

Can you recommend anywhere online to get them?

Cheers

i use yellow stuff on all my car and it is awsome for road use to. the green stuff i over ****** them and they became brittle. im now using blue stuff for my everyday car on 6pot calipers and the good to go after the 1st block of driving

TBH, most people would say just replace it with OEM for the rear - unless you are running big power?

I just wanted to have matching fronts and backs :) lol

What car is it going on and what's the spec?

It's 210 S3 but getting it remapped very soon.

The guy before me had them on already just wondered if they were worth keeping.

TBH, most people would say just replace it with OEM for the rear - unless you are running big power?

I just wanted to have matching fronts and backs :) lol

What car is it going on and what's the spec?

i also used to replace it with the standard pads but, with the better pads, some grooved disks and braided lines its like a 15% increase in stopping on the rear. you dont replace rears as often as fronts so why not just do it?

Well it's up to you tbh....

The rears don't get used that much and I'm not to sure on how much OEM rears cost but for around £45 this seems a good site to buy them from -

EBC / Red Stuff Pads (Rear) 'Fast Street' / Audi S3 / Euro Performance Car Parts

Edit- thought that included free delivery but it didn't, you should get them for under £50 though and as said above- you don't replace them that often compare to the fronts

Reactions: MIGGZ
Brill. Just as I thought - just wanted to check were ok
Cheers again

Reactions: MIGGZ
I replaced my OEM discs & pads with EBC turbo grooved & dimpled discs on the front with red stuff pads and EBC plain discs on the rear with red stuff pads. I also now have Goodridge braided brake lines all round.

Noticeable reduction of brake pad dust and good stopping power. However I recently had the friction material crack down the centre groove and come away from both the backing plate of my rear inside pads after approx 20k miles. Replaced by EBC F.O.C., but concerning nonetheless. No damage done. And yes, I had applied copper grease to the backing plate when I fitted the pads originally.

Rears: go OEM, IMO. They don't do much - as has already been said...

Fronts: I've currently got Ferodo DS2500's in & found them to be pretty ****** awesome (along with ATE SuperBlue fluid and Goodridge braided lines).

After a slightly cheaper option but still with great stopping power? You might want to consider Mintex 1144's.

I used most of the EBC pads and the slightly expensive DS2500 pads, best bang for buck an performance so far are the brembo pads.
Well worth a try.