What car battery?

Speedo

Reaction score
Im in a need of a new battery for my A3 1.8t any recommendations? My preference is a Bosch (60+ amps) - is that any good?

any new battery would be fine imo as long as it fits the car and is the same voltage as the OEM one.

I've just bought an Optima Yellow Top as i've got an ICE install and i'm having dimming lights at the moment.

Wicked666 - how much ICE have you got? Ive got ICE in mine and i never had dimming lights with the OEM battery. I think i need a 60amp + battery

Raj, get your earth sorted mate, earth closer to the amps - thats the only thing we have different (although i have 0 guage going from battery to boot but that shouldnt make any diff)

speedo, fit the biggest battery you can afford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

as soon as i upgraded my system i ditched the OEM battery and got myself a redflash 1200, i now have a yellow top which i have borrowed for the time being

when i have to give that back i'll be fitting the biggest that will physically fit, which may be one of the yellow tops with the extra cell on it

have either of guys uprated the alt to battery? i cant see a clear path at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
the battery to chassis is very easy to do though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dean_T - where can i get hold of the yellow top battery? any dealers in the london area?

if u'r headlights are dimming - perhaps you should consider a stiffening cap?

sort the earth as mentioned & then if it still happens think about a battery upgrade & capacitor.

[ QUOTE ]
nope caps are rubbish, pure marketing BS

uprating the big three and fitting a better battery is much better

[/ QUOTE ]

i've not used a cap - i find my lights only dim slightly when my amp is on full with the pair of 12"s trying to blow out the rear window.

i think i ran 1 guage power cable - poss 2 guage - with good clean terminal connections etc.