Toyo/Bridgestone pics

AL_B

Reaction score
Has anyone got some side-on pics of the Toyo T1-S's or Goodyear F1's on the S3 Avus wheels?

I saw the Toyo's on Peter Haslams (Domus) S3 at the weekend, and the side walls look massive (!!), making the avus wheels look smaller than they actually are. IMO.

So I just wanted to compare the Toyo's with the Bridgestones.

ta

AL

Heres some pics of my F1's on the side but they not good shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brakes.jpg

Wow, just got what I think are some amazing prices for Toyo's and Goodyears

Two companines in the North West, SMD Tyres (Leigh, Lancs) and Bromley Tyre Services (Warrington Cheshire).

All prices per corner and include VAT and Fitting...

SMD:
Toyo T1-S: £107
Goodyear F1 GSD3: £119

Bromley:
Toyo T1-S: £105
Goodyear F1 GSD3: £105

Amazing!! All I need to do now is decide which one to go for, Toyo's or Goodyears!

AL

I've never had good experiences with Pirellis...not in all my driving time.

I've tried the Goodyears (albeit not on my car)...they are good, but I still maintain that the Toyos give a more reassuring feel.
..and to me, having the tyre 'feel' good makes the car much more confidence inspiring, and hence you drive that little bit quicker.

I have never driven on a tyre that is as good as a Toyo T1-S in the wet. The old Yokohama A510s were good, but the T1-Ss blow them away.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with either to be honest...it maybe comes down to driver preception and driving style.
For me, the Toyos win over anything else I've tried...FWD or 4WD.

Well guys, thought I'd let you know that I got my new tyres yesterday.

Went for the Goodyear F1's in the end, at £105 per corner fitted. I know it may have been possible to get the tyres cheaper via one or two friends from on here, but I couldn't be bothered - just wanted to get them on ASAP.

Little bit gutted though. Despite the guy at Bromley Tyre Services in Warrington being friendly, talkative and commenting that my alloys are in immaculate condition - the ******** has chipped them slightly in places. Just by trying to do the job too quickly I think.

Quite ****** off at myself really, as I was watching over him most of the time. Still I guess you can't keep things like wheels perfect for ever, can you?

AL

Could be worse Al, when i went to get mine done from a well known local garage i was quoted £30 to fit and balance all for tyres, but the plebs couldnt figure out the correct rotation for the tyres and nearly fitted the tyres on the car facing the wrong way round. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It did take them nearly 3 hours to do them correctly with my little nephew screaming to get home.

So in the end he never bothered charging for the job due the **** up they made.