2002 s3 buying advice

downhilldave77

Reaction score
hi all me and the missus are looking to buy a s3. we went to look at one today in a garage it had 150,000 on the clock with a full audi service history and cam belt just done. looked in good condition body work wise. seem to drive fine etc, just wndering what are the main things to be looking out for on these cars, ie faults etc. also what about the mileage, what are these engines good for mileage wise, it did seem pretty quiet. priced at 3,500.00 any other buying advice would be appreciated. thanks dave

I'd be looking for a lower mileage one for that money to be honest mate

ha, this is turning into a classifeds thread. on a more serious note, look out for:

the rear springs have a habbit of cracking, check if they've been replaced at some point.
the doors have a habbit of dropping on the hinges slightly, nothing major but something to look out for.
the radio knob has a habbit of being intermittently faulty, going very loud/quiet with no inbetween. my mum has this prblem on her 8L and i can tell you its ****** annoying!
check the halex has been sericed at fairly regular intervals.
the pixels on the DIS again have a habbit of dying, another small issue but nevertheless keep an eye out for it.

thats about all i can think of off the top of my head, and homeland is about to start, so i'm off! you'll find more info here
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/101863-audi-s3-buying-guide.html