Help!! EPC light and TC light came on. Lost power!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys, got a bad situation here. Currently on the m6 when the epc light and TC light come on. Car has gone into limp mode and I'm stuck! Any ideas what it could be?

Gops

Check the fuses on top of the battery box, clean the connections and check for breaks.

Thanks guys. Had to call the RAC but cycled the ign and disconnected the MAF but nothing. If I tried WOT then it would only rev to 1200rpm so it was in limp mode. The RAC guy came and I asked him to scan the car for faults in which 2 came up:

P1172
P1544

something to do with the throttle body angle sensor signal too high. That point the RAC guy didn't know what to do? He asked where I wanted it towed but I asked if he could clean the throttle body and see if it helps. So he cleaned the AIT sensor and throttle body abit and hey presto! It worked! At this point I was freezing my ******** off so I headed off to the German market, but the car seems ok now. Feels abit nicer tbh! I'm gonna take it apart tomorrow and clean it properly for good measure!

also whilst I'm here.. Like to wish Bill @ Badger 5 a very happy birthday :)

So he cleaned the AIT sensor and throttle body abit and hey presto! It worked! At this point I was freezing my ******** off so I headed off to the German market, but the car seems ok now. Feels abit nicer tbh! I'm gonna take it apart tomorrow and clean it properly for good measure!

also whilst I'm here.. Like to wish Bill @ Badger 5 a very happy birthday :)

I told you guys....LOL

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/174206-when-do-you-clean-your-throttle-body.html

HAPPY B DAY BILL ;)