Question on S3 Side Trims.....

• Thread starter imported_spuddie007
  • Start date
I

imported_spuddie007

Hi All

I managed to beach the door on a grass verge today, with four of us in the car. My mate pulled the door to close it, and it looks like the side skirts (grey on bottom of the door) has come away slighly.

If I put my finger under the door, there is now a small (0.5cm) gap between car body and the trim.

As small as it may seem, the side trims now don't look aligned, and I wondered if anyone knew how these trims are held on. I'm guessing they are glued, but don't think that this one will glue back on. If not, would it be relatively easily replaced with a new one?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Spuddie

Think you need to remove the one screw on the corner edge of the door, and then they slide backwards. One of my trims are coming away from the door too, So maybe time I got me a new one aswell.

Cheers jojo, going out to take a look at it today, so should help me find how to get it off!

Spuddie

ps Anyone else had to change this trim, would like to know what it's gonna cost!

Door moulding is £64 + VAT from dealer

The matching bit for the rear quarter panel is £35.70+VAT from dealer

both parts from VAG Parts come in at £105 delivered, not sure what they are separately from VAG Parts though.

Mark

I had to remove this item recently as the internal mounts had come away from the rubber. it is 4 screws holding 2 plastic rails rubberised onto the rubber. in my case the rubbery glue holding one of the rails had come away. i cleaned the rubber thoroughly then glued the plastic rail into the rubber with a 2 stage loctight glue. BE CAREFUL TO ALIGN THE SCREW HOLES. mine was slightly out but i can get 3 out of the four screws in to its on tight enough for me but i was lucky - i didn't align it first. worked very well and is hlding fine.