Ds3000 pads. Where from?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Ive tried to contact 3 places today. 2 of which ive used before and non of them even answered the fone,
My S3 has the Brembo upgrade 323mm The calipers have the internal link/balance pipe so are the GT jnr set up right?
Ive bought pads from ECP before for a seat leon cupra R so i know them to be the same fitment.
The problem is... Finding some, Yes i tried Ebay but wanted to know whats a "Good price" as a bench mark, they looked to be 200ish on ebay.
Is this the normal?

I think Bill might be your best bet?

Glad you're going to take the plunge, I hope they work for you :)

First glance made me think "feck that ! £200?" but then the thoughts of... "how much will a bumper, cooler bonner and wings cost?" or worse!
The DS2500 pads just didnt seem to work. but with the kit on the rear and the newer fluid im hoping i onto something?

Demon Tweeks.

Cheapest place I could find DS3000s for my Clio. I'm assuming you've used them before and are aware they destroy wheels?

Destroy wheels?
The 2500's didnt,
I had the wheels done about 9 months ago so dont fancy killing them.
S3 dave...
I dont think the people i tried today are on here. Local tuning shops, But ones ive used before

Destroy wheels?
The 2500's didnt,
I had the wheels done about 9 months ago so dont fancy killing them.
S3 dave...
I dont think the people i tried today are on here. Local tuning shops, But ones ive used before

The 2500s are fast road pads.

DS3000s are race pads. They'll squeal and make ridiculous amounts of brake dust, which bakes onto your wheels. The paintwork also suffers badly with the amount of dust they make.

Fantastic pads for stopping on track, but I wouldn't advise fitting them if you care about keeping the car clean.

Speak to Bill Paul. Best place to get them for sure.

Youve explored every other avenue, ad it's clear that what works for others isn't working for you, so 3000's are the way forwards.

I have no problems using ds2500's n my brembo's, with ECS stage1 rears. Infact, I think my S3 stops quite nicely with my setup!, road or track.

They do generate **** loads of dust, and if you don't keep ontop of cleaning your wheels, it will ruin them.

They also wear discs at an alarming rate. When I bought mine for my old 8L, I think the pads cost more than the black diamond discs.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.
as said, if I missed a call yesterday and I know I did, we were all a bit busy testing stuff group stylee yesterday so dyno was where I was pretty much all day..

£145 + delivery to ASN members

Last edited:
Hi Bill,
I just messaged you on your FB page just before i read this ,
Are these pads as harsh as some have said?
I dont mind washing the wheels ( car gets done atleast once a week anyway) but if the dust is going to eat into the wheels / paint it might be a bit much
DIsc life... i had DS2500 a while back and they didnt perform that well but maybe because i had other issues like fluid and poor rear set up.
Am i looking at a pair of discs per set of pads with the 3000's?

I dont consume disks at same rate as pads myself..
not seen you fb message (too many ways of being contacted these days, lol, it melts my small old brain)

they are race pads at the end of the day.. given others comments, i find it ironic that i changed to ds3000 myself from pagid blue and performance friction pf pads as they were too aggressive on disks, and ds3000's seemed easier.

i have black wheels thru choice as brake dust is inevitable on working pads..

paul you have a really clean car, so must keep on top of it.
the way i see it is if you look after your car with cleaning regime and wax/sealant etc, it shouldnt be a problem.
keep your paintwork well protected and use a good wheel cleaner with every wash. simple as.

I have no problems using ds2500's n my brembo's, with ECS stage1 rears. Infact, I think my S3 stops quite nicely with my setup!, road or track.

it's hugely down to useage though jojo, and I think it's clear from previous posting that Paul is pretty heavy on brakes in general.

Whilst you find your ds2500's fine for your style of driving in a 1500kg car, I don't find them good enough to stop my 1140kg car. that's no disrespect to you, just that I'm obviously heavier on the brakes than you, most probably braking harder and later.

Paul, clean your wheels once a week and you'll be fine with 3000's mate. I probably only clean mine every 500-1000 miles, and leave them for weeks on end with brake dust covering them and my rotas still clean up like new.

I've been through 3 sets of pads to one set of discs

are these DS3000 race pads being used to help you stop in day to day traffic because of continual hard late braking is too much for trackday pads during the commute?

If you go for the 3000's get yourself a bottle of Demon Shine to clean them with, just do it once a week and it takes 2 minutes.

bill is that £145 for ds3000 pads as im after some to go with my brembo max discs

Remeber lads, if fitting DS3000's, these need some SERIOUS bedding in.

the standard '200 miles gentle use' will see you with **** brakes. These need bedding in Man Style to work properly.

If you go for the 3000's get yourself a bottle of Demon Shine to clean them with, just do it once a week and it takes 2 minutes.

This deamon shine... Ive seen it in Halfords and Asda..
Is the pour and shine/ spray and shine what you mean?
I havent seen any other.

Bill... I will be intouch Soon.

This deamon shine... Ive seen it in Halfords and Asda..
Is the pour and shine/ spray and shine what you mean?
I havent seen any other.

Bill... I will be intouch Soon.
its just an APC. all purpose cleaner.
jardo uses it for everything. washing in the morning, showering, brushing his teeth, cleaning his helme.....

I don't think demon shine is a cleaner at all superK, it's more like a quick detailer, spray on / buff off to leave a shine type thing, I've used it for lube with a clay bar and its good, and a quick detailer spray over the whole car. And also strangely it seems incredible at removing brake dust even though that's of it's purpose.

I also use demon shine to clean all my wheels :) it's good stuff.

its just an APC. all purpose cleaner.
jardo uses it for everything. washing in the morning, showering, brushing his teeth, cleaning his helme.....

It's heroic, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who likes keeping their car clean.

I've tried others, but Demon Shine is about £2 a liter if you buy it on offer in a squirty bottle and it's just the best all round.

I use it for cleaning my engine bay, cleaning my wheels, a quick detailer for my paintwork when I go to meets, window cleaner, clay lube, I use it to clean my kitchen and bathroom too, it's awesome on cabinets and worktops etc. :p

I use it when I CBA to give a proper wax on my car, and after you've used it enough for a decent period of time it builds up a good beading and a good shine. It's as good as the megs and autoglym quick detailers for a final finish.

It does attract dust quickly though, I think it's got a lot of silicone in it.