Passenger window opening on its own!!!

S3K

Reaction score
Hi all

I am having strange occurences with my 02 s3. Now the missus swears blind she isnt leaving the passenger window open but on a few occasions over the last couple of days we have gone out to the car and the passenger window has been fully down and it seems no fault of our own. Anyone else come across this or should we be sending for the ghost busters???? I know I can open and close the windows with my key fob but that would open both windows wouldnt it. I have read that the TT had a problem along simaler lines but havnt come across anything about the window being fully down. I have done the reset thingy (note my technical phrasing) and am just waiting to see if occurs again....the car is out of warranty now so aint gonna be taking it to the stealers unless I need to really...

Any ideas chaps??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Had the same problem with mine back last summer. It just went away, never was able to find out what was causing it.

Hope it rights itself for you.

There was a similar topic about this about a year ago on here. I've tried to search for it with no luck.

I'm pretty sure the fix for this was in that post.

Just my luck lol.....I have reset the windows and so far its not happened again so shall keep you posted...its just baffling me...but that dont take much really... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

check that you central locking pump is not sitting in water. It does tend to get waterlogged.

on a related subject, my sunroof opened to the tilt position yesterday, the switch still being in the closed position and I know it was shut as I'd washed the car a few hours earlier and I would have heard it driving down the bypass. The very strange thing is that it must have happened while I was having a 'moment' on a wet roundabout on the A77 outside Ayr because I noticed it right after it.
For the 1st time in 2.5 years of owning my A3 the back stepped out. Not a whip, but a slow slide. It went out about half the width of the car. Fortunately I owned an old BMW before the Audi LOL. On return the roads had dried out and there was a patch of something on the road so I guess that was the cause but what about the sunroof?????

I had that happen to my car A3 1998, its happened quite a few times, havent got a clue why it happens though...