Log book question

Den13

Reaction score
Hi all just a wee question about my mrs log book. So got her a private plate for Xmas but put her middle initial on the nominee part but her look book don't have the initial on it (was sure it did) but to change the nominee on the plate is £25 so question is can I fill the log book in with her initial on it and send it back to change it that way for free??? Thanks

They'd probably see through that. They should have an electronic copy of the log book not having her initial, so submitting it with the initial might lead to some sort of fraud hassle for changing the log book. I'd say just submit it as is, they should let it change without the initial being on both. If they don't allow it, call them and let them know it was a present and you weren't sure if her log book had her initial on or not (really it should have her name as on her licence, shouldn't it?), I don't see why they wouldn't let you change something that small over the phone.

Yeah should be the same as her licence never thought of that and also on the log book it says the car is a saloon and when we try to insure it they say its an a4 so I will need to change that anyways to a hatchback so I was thinking maybe put the initial in then

It'll be fine; I do upwards of 50 plate transfers a year and quite a lot of them have initials on the retention or entitlement and not on the logbook.