My first encounter with a dealer.

Stutibs

Reaction score
As a mechanic and mot tester I've never had much need to go to a garage before but I replaced the engine on my a3 after cambelt failure and needed the radio code so I thought, instead of mucking about, I'd pop to Audi.

I went to Guildford Audi as I dropped my wife off in the morning at her work which is local.

The guy was very helpful told me it would cost £15 for the code and would get the car a free health check and check any outstanding warranty items.

I agreed and he got me a coffee and a newspaper and off my car went.

Best £15 I ever spent he kept me informed at all times said that the coil packs were part of a recall and changed all 4 for nothing, got my radio code and the car washed and hoovered. Also got a new tax disc holder!

As having never once been on this side of the counter I have to say it's been made very pleasant and comfortable, good coffee too.

I'm not normally one for praising people least of all faceless corporations but this is the best customer service I have ever encountered and I would recommend a visit to Guildford Audi any time.

Sounds like you had a good experience, however, they shouldnt be charging for the radio code, if its the original car/code and stereo, it does state in the handbook that any main dealer will be able to provide this FOC.

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I thought oh no not again :(,but no its not bad,its good to hear positives about dealerships :icon_thumright: they aren't all bad.

It did cross my mind but considering all the extra they did without me asking I was more than happy to pay.

...but how much are they wanting to sting you for if they do all the work thats on the health check

I'd pay £15 for that kind of service, personally.

Got to admit, my local Audi dealership have always given me good service, even when just buying 26p screws.

only dealings i have is with the parts department. audi one loves me, vw one hates me. lol. always asking for random things they prob never have to deal with

I had a very similar experience. After buying the a3 i soon needed the radio code, i phoned my local dealer (Newton Abbot) who quoted 25 pounds for the code so booked it in. i was in exeter the following day and on a whim popped in to the local Audi there and spoke to the first person i saw and explained that i needed the code. He went to my car pulled out the radio unit took some numbers and went away. 5 mins later returned with my code printed out and said there you go. I asked how much he said not to worry happy to help, then explained that my car was due on the coil recall and booked me in. I too am amazed with this service on a 51 plate car and agree with the OP about the coffee whilst watching the coil check through a viewing window having a good chat with everyone.
Exeter Audi is top notch for me.

only dealings i have is with the parts department. audi one loves me, vw one hates me. lol. always asking for random things they prob never have to deal with

my local seat dealer is the same, the stuff i order they never stock until i ring up, keeps them on their feet haha.

Guildford Audi are the ********; 100% tip top service. I've been in there once or twice and it's been spot on, and lots of my friends have used them and not a bad word to say.

Shame Plymouth Audi don't employ the same staff haha

bought a seat leon fr tdi 150 .
it was a one owner supplied by
seat of newbury berkshire.
i called the service dept and the
guy was so exited to hear abot the car
and said "thats one of ours and i knew
the owner".
the service guy gut so carried away he gave me the code
over the phone.:rock:

my first and only so far was audi in plymouth. went in to ask about bluetooth being fitted. away she went and came back with a price of £400, oh what if my car has phone prep. took my reg and came back saying pc was slow and she would call. still waiting not goos so far...