MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

lol dont think its a good idea to fit them with FRC..... they clearly cant do a simple stage 2+ file lol

lol dude they not that bad ;-) my car is running pretty strong! I've had good service so far... My car keeps up with my mates stage 2 polo gti with same mods and his car is fast!

Maybe ill try another brand on my next car but unitronics is just a bit expensive!

Reactions: Rainbird
lol i had sh1t with frail care and a few mates to so i dont like their product, UNITRONIC is a little pricy but you pay for what you get hey

lol i had sh1t with frail care and a few mates to so i dont like their product, UNITRONIC is a little pricy but you pay for what you get hey

What happened dude?

I'm not like a brand loyal guy or what ever, they were just the best option for me at the time and I can't really complain about anything so far... But like I said I might still try another brand if I feel like it or am bored with my power haha

well they said how crap my previous software was at a dyno day so being naive like i was i said they should map my car then, it got mapped and i drove it around for a while, car felt really slow, boosted nearly .4bar lower and dyno graph showed nearly 18kw less then my previous file. also they were the only ones bringing in performance parts at the time and when i wanted to introduce their products into my store they said i can have it for price X which was the same price to everone else off the street, then to change my map was 20 stories.

When i was choosing software the toss up was between REVO and UNITRONIC, i phoned both asking questions about their product and for me personally UNITRONIC sounded like the logical choice, and after all the other products out there that i have tried i will never look back or towards another turner!

Ahh i see man... Sounds like a real bad experience! Who did you deal with? Think it changed now... They got a new guy, Mo, who is quite helpful! But yeah to each their own...

At the time when I was looking at doing software I also wanted to do REVO or UNITRONIC but I knew I would have to go through a couple of maps as I got my car modded further and really couldn't afford paying for a new one everytime.... Thats what was nice about FRC. Paid once. I can go for a re-map when I ever I want free of charge. Even if I have issues with my car he spends the whole day on it diagnosing and doesn't even charge me. So basically at the time it was the best choice for me! Not saying it will stay that way though...

for stage 1 it was 4k and every time i move up a stage it was 500 extra, i can email yosh anytime of the day or night with my logs and he sorts it out or i go to him and he does not charge to change things for how i want it. also ita all custom

for stage 1 it was 4k and every time i move up a stage it was 500 extra, i can email yosh anytime of the day or night with my logs and he sorts it out or i go to him and he does not charge to change things for how i want it. also ita all custom

Thats pretty good service I must say!

Got my " pikey" filter today

a5ybudym.jpg

Going to make a nice intake for it and wait for a new custom 76mm tip made up from Lee at G-tec! Fit bigger maf housing and get ready for stage 2+ file.

Also dropped the inj off this morning to get cleaned and checked before putting them in

Cool stuff dude... You must be stoked for the new file!

Where did you take your injectors to and +- how much to get them cleaned?

What is the bore size of the tip? You seen the one I used? There's a comparison shot next to a 70mm tip.

That's also a man tip! The tip is gona be made from stainless its the size of the turbo outlet then bends then goes to a 76mm till maf

JUST THE TIP!! :p love that filter dude! let me know how it goes

BWaahahahahahah...

But seriously, I'll be watching how you do this intake build. I need to make a plan to do some sort of intake... Was thinking of building a cone filter inside the airbox. That s2000 filter looks sweet!

BWaahahahahahah...

But seriously, I'll be watching how you do this intake build. I need to make a plan to do some sort of intake... Was thinking of building a cone filter inside the airbox. That s2000 filter looks sweet!

Go thru my previous posts bud you will see my current intake, but the S2000 filter is for more performance now that I'm going stage 2+ soon

went to go pick up my inj this morning and they are perfect it got a nice service, new rings and springs for a total cost of only 26 quid whoo hoo!

72868_10200968136154355_464816824_n.jpg

539791_10200968136514364_1626538927_n.jpg

58924_10200968136914374_2138240676_n.jpg

now just to wait for silicone from ash

Cool thanks I'll have a look through the thread... Injectors look awesome! Look almost brand new...

its 76mm straight, 76mm 90' bend, 76mm silicone piece.
for the maf i put a piece of silicone on there then put the 76mm over it and done! you just loosen the battery a little to the left then the filter fits in! gets no hot air

its 76mm straight, 76mm 90' bend, 76mm silicone piece.
for the maf i put a piece of silicone on there then put the 76mm over it and done! you just loosen the battery a little to the left then the filter fits in! gets no hot air

Awesome thanks man! Will definitely consider doing this!

so on tuesday i went to yosh and lee to go have a sh1t talking session and there was a little monster in there booked for some monster mods

IMG-20130409-00177.jpg

IMG-20130409-00178.jpg

obviously i had to help as iv never had the honour to work on one

IMG-20130409-WA000.jpg

now no one has had stock of some dip for some time and the suppliers phoned me yesterday to say a shipment has landed

IMG-20130410-00184.jpg

decided seeing that my grill is taking some puishment i might as well sort it out

IMG-20130410-00187.jpg

IMG-20130410-00188.jpg

IMG-20130410-00190.jpg

IMG-20130410-00191.jpg

IMG-20130410-00192.jpg

IMG-20130410-00194.jpg

lata on going to post some ideas that i will need some advice with