Concert stereo with no bass

N4 HKG

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone could shed some light for me, the problem is that when I'm listening to the radio the subwoofer sounds like its working fine but when I play a cd there's no bass atall even with the setting at maximum, has anyone else had this happen? Thanks Gary.

Is it a totally stock system? Is the Concert a tape player or CD player, does it have a CD changer? Is it Bose or non Bose? What year is the car?
Can't think of anything that would cause that problem. The sub turns on with the HU, irrelevant of Source. Even if you wanted to switch it off when playing a Cd there's no way to do it.

Hi Andy, the cars a 2000 pre facelift, it's stock as far as I know, the guy I bought it from said it was a Bose system but it just says audi concert i cant see bose anywhere, the hu has a tape player and there is a disc changer mounted above the sub in the boot, it's really strange as there's quite a strong bass sound when the radio is on but there seems to be nothing on any cd I've tried

Does the sub have 2 x 4" speakers in it, or one 6.5"?
If it is Bose then it will have a black plastic front with 2 x 4" drivers.
With a CD playing check whether the sub is working at all, or just not as loud. The Bose sub has it's own amp inside the tupperware enclosure. The only thing that could be wrong is that the CD changer is only working on one channel (either left or right). The sub amp runs off the left front channel and the right rear channel (or vice versa, can't remember off hand). So if the left or right channel isn't working on the changer then the sub will be running at half power. and you will be losing the cabin speakers on that side as well. Use the balance control and check.
Have you tried a tape? If you can find one up in the loft!

Oh right ok, thanks for the information I will have a look tomorrow and try and find a tape to try, I'm sure there will be an old Now cassette kicking about, cheers