JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    imported_rustys3

Spring rating colour codes

Hi folks,
    while I was checking my brakes today I have noticed that I have a broken rear spring on my S3.
    I checked on ETKA and it says that the spring for an S3 (1J0 511 115 BM) should have 5 blue paint marks on it but the springs on my car have 5 pink paint marks on it.
    When I contacted my local dealer they asked me for the colour coding of the spring but they said they only have ones with 5 voilet paint marks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a colour coding chart for spring ratings.

Could anyone also suggest where I could get replacement rear springs to suit the car.

Cheers
    Rusty

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Spring rating colour codes

Hi Rusty,

you may wish to consider replacing all 4 (FOUR) springs with some aftermarket ones. The standard A3/S3/TT ones have a habit of breaking [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I had one of my front springs go and have opted to replace all of them with Eibach's. Given the cost & hassle of having springs changed and the tracking checked, it makes sense to replace the lot in one go - I don't fancy having one of the standard Audi springs fail on a wet & windy winters night on a busy motorway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...&page=0#329650

Cheers,

Mark.

P.S. nice choice of colour for your S3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]