Spark plugs on S3, where are they?

dpeilow

Reaction score
I've just been having a look for the spark plugs on my S3 (to do a compression test) and I can't find them! There are 4 suspicious looking covers on top of the block, but I can't see any HT leads coming away from them.

Are they down the back under the crossflow or worse still under the manifold? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dave

cant say i`ve ever looked at the engine naked but surely they are under the coil packs (those 4 black covers)...

anyone care to help us out.

Yeah after speaking to a former TT owning friend, that apparently is where they are. Unfortunately 2 are under some sort of cover.

He also said there was a recall on dodgy H type ones - does that ring any bells?

JS_Engine2.jpg

Have fun getting your Audi cover off!

[ QUOTE ]
It’s a 20V 1.8T engine conversion, its just longitude as opposed to transverse...

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr... looks more like a 5cyl 20V, it has 5 spark plugs dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Can someone say what that cover is or am I looking at some kind of garage work now?

OK. I have taken the plastic engine cover off and on the top of the block there are the 4 coil packs, however there is something obstructing the 2 on the nearside. How easy is that to get at?

[ QUOTE ]
It's an original Quattro engine methinks, 2.3 20V Turbo or there abouts, running 20PSI!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would appear 30PSi in some notes...

looks like a huuuuuuge turbo in there too...

OMG i thought changing the plugs on the wifes A class was hard. dont think i'll be trying the S3 after seeing the instructions above. good luck