38mm Tial WG overboosting

Gizmo20VT

Reaction score
Hey peeps

I have seen some WG threads but dont want to thread jack them so started my own.

I am using the bottom port setup with N75, and Im experiancing overboost thou. Would a stronger spring be needed for increase cracking pressure? Im on a 9 psi spring, my boost request is 2200mbar and my actual boost is 2400mbar.

My N75 pressure source is from the 6mm nipple under the intake manifold, would this effect my setup at all as its still giving positive pressure under boost?

boost_actvsspec.png

Cheers :beerchug:

Note: I have corrected by boost request line in my software, same effect.

as per your posts on nef
N75 PID/duty cycles will need adjusting in your map

what actual pressure does it run with n75 electrically off?

.6 bar (9 psi) unplugged

The other night it boosted .9 and wouldn't budge further. Have done a boost leak test and no leaks confirmed.

Also the PID is still adjusted to my stock my, so LDRXN should still limit the actual boost to meet requested?

I have tested another N75 same result, .9 bar and then 1.4bar +, when I use the setup in the link below I also get .9 bar and the WG is open, can hear screamer pipe clearly.

http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_wginstall.pdf

LDRXN caps load, but is not the PID for the n75 - different thing

big question being why is it so slow to spool? 5krpm sux
my hybrid GT35's spooling then...

for N75 control, you would use the bottom port not both top and bottom.
leave top ports open.

Yar I know, I never expected so much lag with this setup, even with a .82 housing on a T25 frame.... Im really not sure what else to do about it. I know I can change over to a .64 i think or .63 but AFAIK it wont increase by more than 400-500rpm.

This is my old s3 on a t25 .82 3071r. ATP log mani. Similar spool to yours, .82 was a too large for the displacement me thinks.

cca734ac.jpg

0.6x for stock displacement motors imho...

0.6x is'nt going to bring spool back to 3krpm, so something else is going on.