camber adjustment

MOSSY

Reaction score

Does anyone one know where the adjustment is for camber on the S3????

Does anyone know what the settings should be???

Cheers

Mossy

Front or rear?

There is none at the rear...but there is toe adjustmant.
You need adjustable tie bars for that.

At the front, there is officially none..but you can get 0.5 of a degree by moving the bottom balljoint outwards...if it's negative camber you want.

Standard, the S3 runs next to no front camber...and approx -1.0 rear camber - IIRC.

ESS THREE.

Sorry iam talking about the front.

To look at my wheels in a straight line whilst the car is on a ramp at eye level. You can see the wheels pointing in at the top and pointing out at the bottom(sorry can't remember if that is positive or negitive camber)

Also when I measure the gap between the back of the wheel and wheel arch there is 5mm diff between the two sides.

Out of interest, does anyone elses car pull to the left?? I know they follow the camber in the road but in my own opinion mine is quite bad. For example if i was traveling down the motorway and took my hands off the wheel the car would start to pull over to the left straight away,

Cheers

Sounds like your camber is mis-matched.

Camber up to -1.7 degrees won't kill tyres - I run that on my Golf GTI!
I guess if you did a lot of motorway miles with lots of camber it would...but for a mixture...even -1.7 per side is fine.

So I soubt its too much camber...

Different camber left to right will make the car pull one way or the other...get it checked.

If you have lots of camber...something is amiss...or bent.

As for tyre wear...the tracking being out will kill tyres...if it's toeing out a lot you'll kill tyres..especially the insides....toeing in...will kill the outsides...both when mixed with negative camber.

Sounds like your right with the tracking I had a friend check it today, he said it was a mile out, this is after Audi have so called set all the Geometry up on the car.

I wouldn't mind if the car was just pulling to the left, but the tyre wear is rearly pi$$ing me off now.

I will find the print outs that Audi gave me when they set the car up and see what settings the car is at.

Cheers

Mossy