1st MOT

WilkoS5

Reaction score
Guys,

My 52 plate S3 is due for its first MOT in September by some strange coincidence this is also the same day that my warranty runs out. The car has done 16000 miles and the DIS tells me the next service is due in 3000 miles.

Do I get my local Audi dealer to MOT it for me and then fix any possible probs under the warranty?

It would be good if Audi offered a final check on cars before the warranty runs out.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers.

I had my 1st mot done at audi (remember you can take it 4 weeks before its due) Told them I was getting a squeek from the rear and got a new radio out of them as the volume knob can play up. Only down side is they take forever to do the MOT as they sub contract it out. they ended up with my car for 6 hrs ***. I will never go back to audi for the MOT but 1st one is worth the hassel. I like to be able to get under the car with the tester to check stuff out.

Obviously I don't know what the t&c for when you bought your car.. when I bought mine from an Approved Audi Dealer it came with the usual warranty but also a guarantee from them that they would get it through the MOT and cover any problems under warranty.

Cheers fingermouse,

What did the MOT cost you? I have a squeak from the rear almost certainly from the suspension, I think I'll book it in and mention this.

Get it in a few weeks before the mot/warranty runs out.

Similar question.

My 03 S3 (import) was unregistered when bought by me in Sep 03. The dealer registered the car with Audi in Nov 2002, it seems that it sat around for 10 months. When would the MOT be due, is it 3 years from Nov 02 or 3 years from Sep 03?????

the MOT cost me the full national rate about £42 or there abouts.
they just greased the top of the shockers when I reported a squeek but alls been well since.

as far as I know the MOT is due 3 years after it was registered i.e the date on your log book.

oh forgot to add you get a nice MOT wallet with audi on it and the dealers address. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
oh forgot to add you get a nice MOT wallet with audi on it and the dealers address. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't, I just got the paperwork complete with mechanics' oily fingerprints. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif