kw springs 20mm front 15mm rear anybody use them??

richy1819

Reaction score
hi,i know theres alot of questions on here regards to which springs to use but im still none the wiser,mines lowered on apex 30mm and its just a bit low for my liking especially on the rear,id like to pick it up abit,maybe just a little lower than standard,and without using adjustable rear tie arms,has anybody used the kw springs as there the only set i can see which gives the least amount of lowering 20/15 in my thoughts would be ideal,thanks any help would i would be very gratfull,i have 18s on the car just to add

If you want slightly lower than OEM and retaining some ride comfort, go for the Eibachs. I've not had experience of the KW's, but I'm currently running the Apex springs, and have previously ran Eibachs and H&R's.

Eibachs
04a4e73f.jpg

Apex
C909B219-D1E2-4877-BBF4-81CFA49EDB46-6799-000004C30922F564.jpg

H&Rs(with adjustable rear tie bars, hence no negative rear camber)
7af162de.jpg

what are h&rs like? id still need adjustable rear ties with those wouldnt i?

come to think of it if i got adjustable rear tie arms on the apex springs i have now would it raise the rear slightly because the camber does look toss as it is?

H&Rs are quite firm, firmer than Eibachs anyways, I would say they are inbetween the Apex and Eibachs in terms of ride comfort/height/handling.

come to think of it if i got adjustable rear tie arms on the apex springs i have now would it raise the rear slightly because the camber does look toss as it is?

Nope, no height adjustment at all, just adjusts the rear camber to improve tyre wear and handling to a certain extent.

Ive got the KW kit on my S3 and its by far the best choice ive made. The car looks slightly lower than standard and sits over 18s pretty perfect. Plus theres no squatting down at the rear like on most other kits. The ride is a perfect balance and feels great. Firm enough to inspire confidence but no crashyness at all. Go for it mate, worth every penny. Speak to Damian at DPM, he'll sort you out.

sounds promising! any pics mush? are you using adjustable rear tie rods??

Yep i run S3Dave tie bars. This is the only pic i have. I took this straight after fitting...

94C50072-3ACC-4D3F-8642-A7AD3EE15A1E-5806-0000050DF1E85251.jpg

Got the scuffs on my knuckles as proof mate. New top mounts aswell

i was thinking of doing mine meself but then heard that you need to start droppin the subframe slightly to get the leg out and it put me off to be honest,the rear tie arms are they best fitted to the top or bottom or does it not matter??

You dont need to drop the subframe, i compressed the suspension whilst on the car and then pulled the leg out as such. Doddle of a job to be fair. Think theres some guides. Out there you could have a search for before attempting.

My tie bars are on the top as recommended by Dave, think people run them underneath though.

ahhh right,reason i ask is mine went for a health check at audi on friday because of a creaking at the rear so i wanted the bushes checking to make sure they werent seized and they told me they werent siezed it was moving ok but the creak is coming from the lower arm itself,so if im goin to get adjustables id prefer to replace the creaking lowers if thats ok but i dunno if it is :/

what are the apex springs like jojo? i always hear bad things about them, but i ran them on my old clio sport with no problems..