Neutral

Status

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Really? Is this legitimate?

Legitimate as in vcds? No.
    Last edited by a6-chris; 18th November 2012 at 08:33.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    To be fair it is probably legitimate in every claim they make in their advert; it will give you access to VAG-COM to make fault code readings and diagnostics as well as a whole host of other bits and pieces.

It's just an equivalent to VAG-COM with a different user interface, you won't be able to buy that and then make all the changes needed to map your car because you haven't got the years of experience to know the first thing about how to map a car properly; but if you want a diagnostics tool it's probably not the worst thing in the world.

It doesn't come with a cable though, and for that reason I would just buy a little hand held scanner like this for the same price -

PRO VAG VW- AUDI - SEAT- SKODA CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER RESET SCANNER TOOL | eBay
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    I brought one of those little scanners....let's just say I used it 3 times before it packed up
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
    I brought one of those little scanners....let's just say I used it 3 times before it packed up
    Bad luck dude, I've had mine for the best part of two years and touch wood it's spot on.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    LOL, read the negative feedback on the seller, he has a LOT of feedback granted, but the negative ones all seem to be about this software or similar.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Obviously a chancer churning out shady downloads & a liar to boot.

I'm surprised fleabay haven't shut him down.
    Seen that type of feedback before & if they were resolved, the buyer would have changed the feedback I reckon
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

3rd Gear

Status
    It is not the same as VAGCOM/VCDS.

It can read OBDII/EOBD codes but not manufacturer specific. No adaptation functionality or reading of measuring blocks either, just OBD data.

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    To be fair it is probably legitimate in every claim they make in their advert; it will give you access to VAG-COM to make fault code readings and diagnostics as well as a whole host of other bits and pieces.

It's just an equivalent to VAG-COM with a different user interface, you won't be able to buy that and then make all the changes needed to map your car because you haven't got the years of experience to know the first thing about how to map a car properly; but if you want a diagnostics tool it's probably not the worst thing in the world.

It doesn't come with a cable though, and for that reason I would just buy a little hand held scanner like this for the same price -

PRO VAG VW- AUDI - SEAT- SKODA CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER RESET SCANNER TOOL | eBay
    Haha! Trust me, I have no intention of trying to remap my car! I'm purely after a budget scanner so I can read and knock out fault codes! Lol.

Any other suggestions? I've noticed that a lot of hand held scanners don't suppport OBDI, so the PC route seemed the only way to go.

Does Ross-Tech do a cheaper stripped down version of VAGCOM? I couldn't find anything of the like on their website, but have heard it talked about after a few searches on here.

Regards

Chris.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Purn View Post
    Haha! Trust me, I have no intention of trying to remap my car! I'm purely after a budget scanner so I can read and knock out fault codes! Lol.

Any other suggestions? I've noticed that a lot of hand held scanners don't suppport OBDI, so the PC route seemed the only way to go.

Does Ross-Tech do a cheaper stripped down version of VAGCOM? I couldn't find anything of the like on their website, but have heard it talked about after a few searches on here.

Regards

Chris.
    Apologies, didn't see the scanner in the link supports OBDI!

Thanks for the link!

6th Gear

Status
    I like the ebayers link to his 'ebays top 3 scams page' where he quotes

Odometer, Mileage Correction You're kidding me! No software in the world can adjust the odometer. Else almost anyone selling their car would dishonestly reduce the mileage reading. This can only be done by authorized car manufacturer mechanics. Or via expensive and very complicated-to-use EEPROM chip reprogramming devices - with software.
    Recently my clocks were replaced with second hand ones and the odometer was rolled back to my cars correct milage :D
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*