Really? Is this legitimate?

Legitimate as in vcds? No.

Last edited:
To be fair it is probably legitimate in every claim they make in their advert; it will give you access to VAG-COM to make fault code readings and diagnostics as well as a whole host of other bits and pieces.

It's just an equivalent to VAG-COM with a different user interface, you won't be able to buy that and then make all the changes needed to map your car because you haven't got the years of experience to know the first thing about how to map a car properly; but if you want a diagnostics tool it's probably not the worst thing in the world.

It doesn't come with a cable though, and for that reason I would just buy a little hand held scanner like this for the same price -

PRO VAG VW- AUDI - SEAT- SKODA CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER RESET SCANNER TOOL | eBay

I brought one of those little scanners....let's just say I used it 3 times before it packed up

I brought one of those little scanners....let's just say I used it 3 times before it packed up

Bad luck dude, I've had mine for the best part of two years and touch wood it's spot on. :)

LOL, read the negative feedback on the seller, he has a LOT of feedback granted, but the negative ones all seem to be about this software or similar.

Obviously a chancer churning out shady downloads & a liar to boot.

I'm surprised fleabay haven't shut him down.
Seen that type of feedback before & if they were resolved, the buyer would have changed the feedback I reckon

It is not the same as VAGCOM/VCDS.

It can read OBDII/EOBD codes but not manufacturer specific. No adaptation functionality or reading of measuring blocks either, just OBD data.

Rick

To be fair it is probably legitimate in every claim they make in their advert; it will give you access to VAG-COM to make fault code readings and diagnostics as well as a whole host of other bits and pieces.

It's just an equivalent to VAG-COM with a different user interface, you won't be able to buy that and then make all the changes needed to map your car because you haven't got the years of experience to know the first thing about how to map a car properly; but if you want a diagnostics tool it's probably not the worst thing in the world.

It doesn't come with a cable though, and for that reason I would just buy a little hand held scanner like this for the same price -

PRO VAG VW- AUDI - SEAT- SKODA CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER RESET SCANNER TOOL | eBay

Haha! Trust me, I have no intention of trying to remap my car! I'm purely after a budget scanner so I can read and knock out fault codes! Lol.

Any other suggestions? I've noticed that a lot of hand held scanners don't suppport OBDI, so the PC route seemed the only way to go.

Does Ross-Tech do a cheaper stripped down version of VAGCOM? I couldn't find anything of the like on their website, but have heard it talked about after a few searches on here.

Regards

Chris.

Haha! Trust me, I have no intention of trying to remap my car! I'm purely after a budget scanner so I can read and knock out fault codes! Lol.

Any other suggestions? I've noticed that a lot of hand held scanners don't suppport OBDI, so the PC route seemed the only way to go.

Does Ross-Tech do a cheaper stripped down version of VAGCOM? I couldn't find anything of the like on their website, but have heard it talked about after a few searches on here.

Regards

Chris.

Apologies, didn't see the scanner in the link supports OBDI!

Thanks for the link!

I like the ebayers link to his 'ebays top 3 scams page' where he quotes

Odometer, Mileage Correction You're kidding me! No software in the world can adjust the odometer. Else almost anyone selling their car would dishonestly reduce the mileage reading. This can only be done by authorized car manufacturer mechanics. Or via expensive and very complicated-to-use EEPROM chip reprogramming devices - with software.

Recently my clocks were replaced with second hand ones and the odometer was rolled back to my cars correct milage :D