Fan problem plzzz help!!!

darren t

Reaction score
Right finally got my car running correctly touch wood but sinse then I've had numerous problems leaking powersteering pipes rear spring shocks and now my fans are constantly running even when no key in ignition I have too disconnect earth on battery to stop them I have checked fuses and cleaned contacts changed fan switch on radiator and problem gone for 2 days now its back staying on any ideas would be much appreciated?????they come on with ignition but do not go off unless battery disconnected could it be a dodgey sensor again?

When you say constantly do you mean all the time?

Also, can you advise on what car it is that you have, details etc??

On a few of our cars, there is an fan that continues to run for about 5-10 minutes after the car is switched off.

Audi s3 8l both fans run constantly changed fan switch in radiator problem gone now returned 2 days later bad earth??

Audi s3 8l both fans run constantly changed fan switch in radiator problem gone now returned 2 days later bad earth??

Oh well - at least the fans actually work. :)

Is the aircon/climate control switched on? That causes the fans to engage IIRC, but I don't think this is your problem.

There's a 'fan controller', located just under the battery, sometimes this can go bad, when it does you fans won't behave properly. On mine the fans were totally dead but I seem to remember seeing posts somewhere about the fans always being on.

I picked up another fan controller from a breakers for about £25 but they're closer to £100 new. Part on mine was 1J0 919 506 K. There seem to be loads on ebay.

Liam