r-tech mapping video...

sandwich1987

Reaction score
[video]http://www.facebook.com/groups/134679056612535/?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/photo.php?v=4460317305945[/video]

Just found this video of my car on facebook on nikki's page...its running 20psi 248 g/s and around 305 bhp. having seen the video and read the comments i wish so much i had fitted either a new fuel pump or inline and my clutch hadnt started to slip. im so tempted to take it back and get the torque intervention stuff done to it and get my WMI mapped in...lol

Get it done mate, you know it makes sense :).

I've installed most of the kit, just got to drill the intercooler pipe and attach the nozzle, but I've been reading up abit recently on increasing timing and boost with water meth and it is quite clear how dangerous it is if run the car without the meth or gets leaks etc so I'm looking for a solution incase of emergency?

Sandwich, what is "torque intervention"?

Read this thread - Calling any K04 (non hybrid) owners who have cracked the magic 300bhp figure. - Page 3 - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

All is explained :)

I've installed most of the kit, just got to drill the intercooler pipe and attach the nozzle, but I've been reading up abit recently on increasing timing and boost with water meth and it is quite clear how dangerous it is if run the car without the meth or gets leaks etc so I'm looking for a solution incase of emergency?

Your solution would be to get an AEM kit which features a hazard warning light and controller, then wire the secondary output to an electronic boost switch. So if there is ever a fault then it cuts to 5PSI. Job's a good'un.

Last edited:
thanks Jardo - so torque intervention is one of the ecu features. max torque map , like a turbo diesel.

To give you an idea of what can be done with TIV worked around; here is a before and after plot of my mates Mk5 Golf GTI from yesterday.

61661_10151495463055130_145877604_n.jpg

253.3BHP from a stage 1, TOTALLY 100% stock 2.0 TFSI. When Niki ran it as stock it made 203bhp, with his first map without TIV smoothed it made 241 and the finished product was 253.3. So I presume the extra 12bhp came from TIV removal. Don't take that for gospel, I'm just presuming.

I think you'll agree that the graph for that is incredible, almost identical to the stock graph but with an extra 50bhp just about everywhere. This TIV mapping seems to give old stage 2 figures with stage 1 delivery at stage 1 prices. I'm yet to personally see what Niki can do when unleashed on a proper stage 2 car with supporting mods, however from speaking with him yesterday the understanding and working of TIV has played the largest part in his recent 261bhp K03s and now commonly known 300bhp K04's.

Needless to say, I am gearing up to get my R Tech map updated with this TIV development.

Last edited:
very interesting, mine is in need of a decent remap, B5 is 120 miles away, RTech is 124 miles away, choices, choices .
it has a generic stage 1 on it, it has since had B5 tip, fmic and Relentless DP and cat, so theres scope for more horses.
thanks for beinging it to our attention.

Too late for the aem kit I've already fitted most of a devils own one, its not progressive one tho so will need to look into devils own safety alternatives. Just wish I didn't live so far away from r-tech :(

It has to be said that Niki is top of the mapping game at the moment and this TIV mapping is the reason I drove an 11 hour round trip to R-Tech with that Mk5 as apposed to just throwing it at the Revo dealer who is 20 miles away.

With the sort of mods that you have Niki will get you great figures if your build is right and your actuator is healthy, you'll be knocking on the door of 280bhp with beautiful flow and a safe margin in what you're running.

Here's an LCR of the same spec he did today (I believe) -

552225_4956704075304_278586497_n.jpg

"Seat Leon Cupra R BAM in for R-tech stage 2 custom remap with launch control and TiV code. 280bhp 22psi peak holding 19psi 17deg advance .8 lambda at top end and still egts creep to 950deg."

Having spent pretty much all day with him yesterday I can see a real issue with actuators, if you're going to make the trip to R Tech in the search for man boost then just for the sake of it throw a new OE actuator on there just to be sure. I saw a 40K old K03 wastegate yesterday that I could open with one finger on the actuator rod...

Last edited: