Anyone help please?

James TQ

Reaction score
When I'm on half throttle it sounds like the dv is going off permanently until I put my foot down more and when I take it off doesn't dump very loud, could this be waste gate problems?
Thanks

No i doubt it very much.

I had this same problem when there was a hole in the seal of my cone filter. check that first. If thats fine then check you DV is between the tip and the hard pipe and tightend up. thats what i would check first

sounds like there is a leak somewhere and in my experience that was where the problem was

Thanks guys, dv is a 008 3 months old filter is Jetex 2 months old so hope it's neither! How do I check is not the dv sticking?

take the DV off and (not in a rude way,get your minds out the gutter lol) put ur finger in the bottom of it and push the piston up and down. it should move without much pressure. if its a new valve I doubt it will be sticking already. open the DV and check that it is well lubricated. as for the jetex, take it off and check around the rubber connector as this is where mine split. Im not sure if you have the old one or the new revised one as the old ones were prone to the rubber splitting when tightening them

DV won't be sticking... you've just done an N249 bypass yes? as long as thats correct then the noise is most likely that you have to strong a spring in the DV... fit a green spring if not already...

With the engine on idle, pull the vac pipe from the top of the DV and stick your finger over it... it should be sucking/get stuck on your finger... if not then you have done the bypass incorrectly

<tuffty/>

It was doing it before the bypass, I havnt looked what spring is it there, the standard one, I have in the box a blue and yellow so presume its the correct one in use?

Thanks for the help btw