keeps blowing off

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
anybody had any problems with intercooler to inlet manifold samco/ silicon hose blowing off, mine seems to do it about every 6 months or so, most embarrassing, also seems that there is oil inside the hose (poss due to recirculation), so have thought about fitting some sort of oil catch tank instead. any thoughts??

clean inside of hose with solvent, ie electra-clean, meths, or white spirit, and the hose tail. end.

re assemble.

since i fitted samcos and decent hose clips i havent had a problem.

Is there any way to tell it has come off ie apart from the lack of power? Is there a noise etc...

Just would be difficult to see if it has blown off behind the bumper!

[ QUOTE ]
anybody had any problems with intercooler to inlet manifold samco/ silicon hose blowing off, mine seems to do it about every 6 months or so, most embarrassing, also seems that there is oil inside the hose (poss due to recirculation), so have thought about fitting some sort of oil catch tank instead. any thoughts??

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy,

I got a catch tank off of ebay for £35 and fitted it. easy job and definately worthwhile as so much oily gunk gets sucked back into the intake!

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to tell it has come off ie apart from the lack of power? Is there a noise etc...

Just would be difficult to see if it has blown off behind the bumper!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jam Dont worry its really obvious.

the huge Woooooosh pofffffff when it blows, the lack of power and the increased wheezy noise from the turbo thats now leaking to fresh air.

you cant miss it.

fave one is off the steel pipe to first intercooler, top end.

bottom end is a pig if it goes, its a bumper off and headlight out job to get at it.

Cheers Rich, does it just connect to TIP and you empty it yourself ?