Audi S3 Window Problem

deep89

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Audi S3, the poblem i have is the driver side window wont go down but will go up and when it goes up i have to hold the button and it wont go up automatically.....has anyone else had this problem, or know what the problem can be?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Audi S3, the poblem i have is the driver side window wont go down but will go up and when it goes up i have to hold the button and it wont go up automatically.....has anyone else had this problem, or know what the problem can be?

Thanks

First question iiiis, if the window won't go down, how did you get it open in the first place? :uhm:

Lol good question, it went down fine when driving but wouldnt go down automatically, so today when driving i put it down fine then parked up shut the window, when i went to put the window down again it woulnt go down at all, but it will go up as it responds when i press the button up.

Lol good question, it went down fine when driving but wouldnt go down automatically, so today when driving i put it down fine then parked up shut the window, when i went to put the window down again it woulnt go down at all, but it will go up as it responds when i press the button up.

Sounds like a window switch problem, since the window regulator sounds like it's working. The window fix problem posted above will allow it to open, but not close. Try and open your windows with the key in the door lock, just use key to unlock manually, but hold in the unlock position to see if the windows wind down to test the mech out.

Sounds like a window switch problem, since the window regulator sounds like it's working. The window fix problem posted above will allow it to open, but not close. Try and open your windows with the key in the door lock, just use key to unlock manually, but hold in the unlock position to see if the windows wind down to test the mech out.

Just tried this and still no luck....passenger side came down fine.

Just drove the car and thewindow started towork :s....could it be loose connection??