Tech advice needed regarding S3 8L

MILF

Reaction score
Some of you may have recently seen my thread about the engine temperature etc and would just like to add that vehicle is all running well now after having changed the thermostat and coolant temp sensor. I've currently booked myself in to get a custom down pipe made on monday. I've owned about 5 subarus in the past (2 non turbos) and 3 turbos (wrx x2) and classic version 6 sti however I the reason why I didn't get a jap 4wd turbo this time was basically because I was after something a bit more 'quiet' and most importantly stealth (power but without the attnetion) also power with comfort rather than raw power, stupid mpg and headaches cruising down the m1. I remember my scoobies use to pop and bang even the non turbos and I really wanted that effect on the S3. I remember having a 'bee r rev limiter' installed on my last scoob which was also known as a '2step rev limiter' as it use to POP AND BANG LIKE MAD!.

I did do some research via google and revealed something like a 'WOT box' which to my knowledge has flat foot shifting (similar to antilag) however reading some of the feedback, I heard they caused engine failure etc. I would like to know is it possible to fit an ignition cut rev limiter to my vehicle ? 2002 S3 AMK

It would be something ideally like this

BEE-R REV LIMITER TYPE H HONDA CRX CIVIC INTEGRA | eBay

or
OMEX Clubman Rev Limiter Twin Coil | eBay

Other options I can think of would be an aftermarket ecu with anti-lag enabled however I am not looking to install this type of thing on the S3.

Any help would be most appreciated

you've really bought the wrong car for that sort of thing.
tuned highly and a well selected exhaust and you can have pops and flames without these devices.

for a wot box you should be looking at a forged engine. they do as they say, wide open throttle and hold boost, so they are quite extreme.

i've never seen an ignition cut device before but reading about them i think the idea is sound. so that could be an option.

another option would be to speak to a reputable tuner, there are lots of them, who offer launch control and flat shift as part of mapping (on the standard ecu), i've seen the launch control popping and flaming. Also, speak to the tuner about whether they can map in ignition cut. i think that is your best option for what you want. obv a full exhaust system will help things, ALOT.

Personaly i think Anti lag makes for massive heat build up in the turbo??
The K04 is a poor little thing that gets to temperatures close to that of the sun without such systems.
Personaly i would steer clear, More heat = shorter life span

expect it to break

you got out of scoobys because you wanted something quiter and more refined............. then in next breath want pops and bangs.

s3's are too cheap now

i went in a car with a wOTbox at the weekend, and I didn't like it at all.

My car is reasonably highly tuned, and with a hot exhaust, it pops and burbles a lot, and spits fairly reasonable flames on over run and on the dyno, these arn't mapped in, or 'on purpose', but just a characteristic of the hardware.

The car with the WOTbox didn't pop or bang, it was a genuinely violent explosion, and didn't feel like a result of tuning at all, just an artificially created BANG, not a byproduct of a highly strung engine, I'll be honest, I wasn't too keen on it, it just sounded like everything was going to break.

...not to mention he blew the crap out of his back box on the way back from the dyno day...

Not a fan tbh... flat shift and launch control can be mapped in if required to the ECU

<tuffty/>

...not to mention he blew the crap out of his back box on the way back from the dyno day...

Not a fan tbh... flat shift and launch control can be mapped in if required to the ECU

<tuffty/>

and apparently bent the actuator rod!!!
thats a whole lot of EXPLODING going on..

eak!

<tuffty/>

Really? Is it possible to map a launch Control function to the ECU? Didn't know that!
Would be possible also on our old cars?

haha, yea, APPARENTLY

They did I was there, no biggie, they all got kinda gay over it... Started kissing each other on the moon.

I was like Pfft I'm having nothing to do with this, hence the reason my name has nothing to do with the moon landing..

WOT boxes are also known to destroy lambda probes and CATs due to the excess unburnt fuel...

<tuffty/>