GT3076R vs EFR 7064

Ivo

Reaction score
Which way would be smarter on an S3?
What would be the difference in power and spool?

Not many EFR projects until now....

I want everyday street car with nice power band. As I know GT3076 has the same characteristics as GTX3071, but the price is lower.

Engine is standard 1.8T APY remmaped. I will upgrade the rods.

I want everyday street car with nice power band.

I'd stick with a ko4 then :laugh:

In all seriousness, we need more info, how much power do you want, do you plan to upgrade anything else? the turbo's your looking at will need way more than just rods....

GT3076r isn't the best choice on a 1.8t... you will need cams or a stroker to get the best out of it else you will be looking at surging issues...

You will also need more than 'rods' on a turbo that size... to get any power from it you will need to let it rev... large port head, large port inlet manifold, valves and valve springs....

GT3071r on a 1.8t is a perfectly drivable setup... I know I have one....

To give you an idea of the sorta thing to expect...
s3_std_bigturbo.jpg

Don't be fooled though as the car is very drivable but of course you have to learn to drive a bit differently

<tuffty/>

GT3076r isn't the best choice on a 1.8t... you will need cams or a stroker to get the best out of it else you will be looking at surging issues...

You will also need more than 'rods' on a turbo that size... to get any power from it you will need to let it rev... large port head, large port inlet manifold, valves and valve springs....

GT3071r on a 1.8t is a perfectly drivable setup... I know I have one....

To give you an idea of the sorta thing to expect...
s3_std_bigturbo.jpg

Don't be fooled though as the car is very drivable but of course you have to learn to drive a bit differently

<tuffty/>

not to mention the clutch, injectors, fuel pumps, ideally WMI, custom DP, and a turbo manifold, and a FMIC (if you dont have one , trust me not cheap) im in that process :p

Agree with the above, a big turbo project is a money pit.

I'm on number 2.

Reactions: Speedy Steve
Hi

I would recommend you browse over a few build threads, see what the results are from each users and their turbo spec and decide what you want exactly, then take it from there.

The current question your asking is the same as "how long is a piece of string?"

I am well aware of all other things, like injectors, exhaust system, fuel pump etc.(I already have FMIC). Going big turbo is expensive. Question is which turbo to choose with GT3071/76 on one side and EFR7064 on the other. They should make similar power a little over 400hp without stroker, but I am not sure if the EFR would give better power curve.

As you compared the pressure graphs of these to turbos in question?

also your power curve would have a lot to do on the mapping of the car, not just the spec turbo. Spool can be effected by manifold type, EGT temps, AFR mix's etc.

Not a turbo anyone has used on here tbh so not sure if that info is available....

Its worth mentioning the spec of the build regardless when asking questions like these else you will get quizzed..

I assume you have done some research too? some links to the products and compressor maps maybe of some use to give context...

<tuffty/>