S3 back from 89k service few running issues

mattyboy199

Reaction score
So got the car back to be fair i dont think the issues are that bad.

1. weak battery (now sorted)
2. cracked rear spring i'm gonna replace both springs + shocks & bushes
3. split cv boot
4. coolant sensor fault & lambda B1 atfer cat B1 sensor fault
5. fog light switch not functioning correctly
6. rear washer not working

I'm not to fussed about the fog switch or the rear washer not working neither of these are used that often anyway.

My main concern is the sensor faults, the coolant sensors looked easy enough to replace but is everyone going for oem sensors or i can use alterative brands as supplied by euro car parts, GSF & vwspares

On full boost the car is hesitating i wonder if the lambda sensor fault is thrown up because of the coolant fault & therefore confusing the ECU.

Anyway any help would be great.

Matt

rear washer and fog switch need doing regardless for the mot simple as mate!
along with the split c.v boot and nackered spring, but as you say there getting done!
your lambda is just screwed into the exhaust so an after market motor factor jobbie will do, its just the fitting thats a pita!, as for the coolant one, i would try for oem if you can imo!

yeah i havent really thought about the cv & rear washer.Tempreture sender to be fitted this weekend.

What i dont get is my car always hits 90 & doesnt move (the odd occasion it hasnt made it to 90). In the summer the car didnt overheat therefore the thermostat must be working.

The lambda sensor doesnt of seemed effect performance or mpg. I'm getting 30mpg most of the time which correct for the combined driving do. The only thing i have noticed is under boost it tends to hesitate maybe my sensor just needs a clean, if so what should i use ?

fitted a new temp sensor yesterday, the gauge had previously stopped moving & is now bobbing up & down depending on speed, so i assume my thermostat is stuck open. Relatively simple just need to order one up, next up lambda sensors, headlightswitch, shocks & springs