TDI Info urgently required!

turbodan

Reaction score
Website
www.daniel-wilkinson.com
Hi there

I know im going to sound like a right idiot here! but im new to audi and only had my 1.9 TDi a few days nowl, but seems a little slow! might be just because ive just switched from a MR2 Turbo, but something doesnt feel quite right!

What are the 0-60 times for these cars? and should i feel a boost from the turbo when setting off? im not feeling anything like, and the car struggles to get to 80MPH!

Surely its capable of being faster than this?

I take it T.D.I stands for Turbo Diesel Injection? could it be possible the turbo has gone?

Im 1 week into my 30 day warranty, should i take it back to the garage?

Help!!!!

Cheers - Dan

Hi mate, what year and model TDi have you got?
Either way, the turbo should be relatively smooth when in motion, and turbo should kick in at around 1.5k revs, this is more noticeable in the PD models, usually 100 or 130 bhp, you get the push in the back effect, but dies down as the revs rise past 3.5k revs. My Passat TDI 115bhp(heavier car!) has no problem getting upto 100+, so if you are having problems getting to 80, think it needs to be checked out!
Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The 110 is pretty nippy, so if it is feeling slow then there is something probably wrong with it..

Get it checked out soon.

Rich.

been told it might not be running on one of the cylinders? this could be a glowplug problem? i used to have a 306 and once when i got it back from the garage it was only running on 1 cylinder! couldnt get past 30mph so it sounds like it could be summat to do with this.