Genuine vs pattern wishbones

Dan-Jnr

Reaction score
Is there any difference other than the price and an Audi stamp?

Pattern doesn't make them OE spec... have seen some bad ones in the past but Lemforder or Febi-Bilstien ones are OE spec and the ones I would go for personally...

<tuffty/>

I got a pair of these from Euro Car Parts a few months back during one of their frequent 30% off code weekends.

I can't remember what make they were, but they had good quality bushes already fitted, were nicely finished, had the front Xenon level sensor hole already drilled on the nearside, fitted perfectly and even weighed the same (yes, I'm THAT much of an anorak!).

Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

I shyed away from the cheaper ones they had in stock, they looked a bit 'rougher' and the bushes looked a bit cheap too.

I guess you get what you pay for sometimes. Having said that, I have no idea how much OEM ones are!

Presumably poly/uprated bushes will fit these ok? Had some issues with pattern Vauxhall wishbones in the past which were shocking

Just realised you have an S3... the euro ones look ok... not had the need to change S3 cast arms as they are generally bullet proof... A3 steel ones can be dodgy as pattern parts...

Why are you planning to change them?

<tuffty/>