Air filter

M12RJX

Reaction score
any1 changed the standard air filter to a k&n panel air filter?

i know im not going to see hardlly any difference but just wonderd if it made a slight difference at all?

there about £30 -50 just wanted a bit of sound wondered if its worth it or to leave it stock?

Everyone on here seems to smooth the air box as well as fitting a panel filter. You will gain a slight noise increase and if your lucky maybe a few extra ponys. I just went for a come filter and it made mine feel and sound much better.

how much should i look to pay for a cone filter if it makes more of a diference? i just want a bit of a grunt noise when reving as the s3 is far to quiet!

dont know if this is any good?? looks a bit to cheap but may do the job same as a cone filter?180895690703
ebay

Everyone on here seems to smooth the air box as well as fitting a panel filter. You will gain a slight noise increase and if your lucky maybe a few extra ponys. I just went for a come filter and it made mine feel and sound much better.

dont know if this is any good?? looks a bit to cheap but may do the job same as a cone filter?180895690703
ebay​

I think I paid about £60-65 for my Jetex cone filter. Worth getting a silicone tip (turbo intake pipe) as well to gain more performance and noise! Well worth the money. Bager bill seems to be the man for doing a full kit (Jetex cone, tip and heat shield) and I think his has proven to give up to about 20hp but is pretty expensive. I used a sfs tip as I get trade with them so saved me a fair wack and paid £30 for a 2nd hand heat shield from eBay.

I had something like that before on my s3 and when I had it mapped I was told it was too restrictive and holding my car back a fair bit so I would say avoid them! Depending on how much you want to spend bills is probably the best option! He also does a cheaper version tip for those who don't want to fork that much out. I would say a tip is a must because mine with the standard wouldn't pull past 5k and with the tip it pulls straight past and keeps pulling. Standard tip are ****e and collapse at 5k rpm.

for me i noticed better throttle response and more noise from the air intake (ive got green cotton panel filter) thinking of smoothing out my box soon!

Dont go for the K&N Filter, I believe they are oiled and can mess up your MAF, so not a route to go down.

If you dont want to spend loads, then just go for a panel filter, either the Jetex one or the Green Cotton one.

If you want to go a bit further, go for the Badger 5 Kit, which consists of the TIP and Filter....they are in Tuftys post.