Haldex pre charge pump, will it fit?

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
hi all, is the haldex pump the same of a 225bhp as a 210bhp ?? ive got a 1999 s3 210bhp with a nackered haldex pump, ive bin offered a pump of a 225bhp, it looks the same but i want to be sure before buying it,. thanks in advance .

There are differences on early S3's between controllers... welly had this on his... One used an o-ring and the other a gasket from memory... he fitted the controller and it leaked all the oil back out...

As for the pumps I don't know... they will no doubt have had revisions over the years but not sure if they are incompatible..

This may also be of some use to you...
VWVortex.com - Haldex pre-charge pump removal / disassembly PIC HEAVY

<tuffty/>

hi tuffy thanks for repaly, yes mine is an early s3 with no earth strap on the rear/axel, my hardex controller is working ok i hope, and i dint plan on touching it if i dint have to, the pump ive seen is of a 225bhp and looks the excat same, but u carnt be sure with these s3, as every part i buy for it never seems to be right. thanks.

There are differences on early S3's between controllers... welly had this on his... One used an o-ring and the other a gasket from memory... he fitted the controller and it leaked all the oil back out...

As for the pumps I don't know... they will no doubt have had revisions over the years but not sure if they are incompatible..

This may also be of some use to you...
VWVortex.com - Haldex pre-charge pump removal / disassembly PIC HEAVY

<tuffty/>

I have recently changed my haldex unit controller etc. The older units used to use a gasket, i was told by TPS that this has been replaced by two O ring seals. Mine originally had a gasket and now uses the O rings with no issues.

I also believe the pumps are the same across the models 210.225 etc

hi m8, my controller is fine i think, its the pump im changing, mine is a 210bhp and the pumps of a 225bhp, the look the same but id like to be sure before buting it. thanks.

I have recently changed my haldex unit controller etc. The older units used to use a gasket, i was told by TPS that this has been replaced by two O ring seals. Mine originally had a gasket and now uses the O rings with no issues.

I also believe the pumps are the same across the models 210.225 etc